The bass of navarone

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by saved, Sep 30, 2018.

1. saved

saved SS.org Regular

Here they are..
    Navarone samples.From recordings on studio,the bass directly in the console,no amps/cabs/effects etc,no editing after the recordings.Just the bass,as it sounds
    I hope you will like the sound of it

Dayn likes this.
  2. LordIronSpatula

LordIronSpatula Indeed.

Thanks for sharing! It sounds like such a longer scale changes the envelope characteristics of the notes as well as giving them a different midrange character. In short, they sound less like "low notes"on a bass and are tight and defined. That last clip almost sounds like a Wal--what's going on there?!

3. saved

saved SS.org Regular

Longer scale need thiner strings.
    Thiner strings are more flexible,so they vibrate more easily and produce more overtones and harmonics,and this is clearity and difinition in every note.
    Of course,the lows are still there,if you cut the mids (and NOT boost the bass) you will get deeper sound.
    The problem with the low notes is that they are not definite,because thick strings produce poor overtones.
    This bass have definite lows.
    For me,it better to cut something you have,but you dont need it,than boost something you dont have but you need it.
    Every video is withput EQing.
    The difference in the 4 videos are the series/parallel and tone knob clockwise/counterclockwise and i never thought it will be so versalite.

LordIronSpatula likes this.