T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

watched 2nd season of hip hop evolution . was good. the 1st season ended where I came into hip hop with NWA. This one was much more in my hey day. I was seriously into artists in all 4 episodes

2. The906

The906 Hella rad Contributor

oh snap, Narcos Mexico, begin!

3. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I started watching Brooklyn Nine Nine after hearing enough good things during the near-cancellation. I’m most of the way through season one. I know shows like this usually improve after a season or two and am hoping that’s the case here. I love Terry Crews and Rosa and the other two women really do it for me but aren’t very funny, and everyone else seems like a relic of the 90s sitcom scene. They’re trying too hard! Andy Samberg especially just mugs and grins constantly and grates and is almost never funny. I will keep watching for now cause I hate myself (and my brain is broken cause I’m hypnotized by Chelsea Peretti - I think I’ll play it safe and avoid her standup for now though).

4. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire pickupwhoricus americanus

s2 and onwards is a lot better.

wankerness likes this.
  5. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

The Expanse and I've been reading the series at the same time. It's fascinating to see how much difference there is between the two, but I'm loving both about the same. Right in the middle of season 2 at the moment and almost at the end of book one.

The906 likes this.
  6. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

One of my buddies turned me on to You're The Worst. It's been increasingly difficult for me to stay committed, or dedicate any time, to TV shows, so the fact that I binged the first season in 2 days means I found a winner.

7. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire pickupwhoricus americanus

i love that show. s2 has some ridiculous gags.

8. Defyantly

Defyantly SS.org Regular

Been re-watching Big Bang Theory. Love the show unfortunately I don't have the series have S9 so I gotta go shopping...

9. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I'm now on S4 of Brooklyn Nine Nine. It's thoroughly average and I usually laugh about once per episode, but I just keep on going! I guess it's cause the characters are likable, even though Andy Samberg is the least likable of the bunch. I'm just glad that so far it hasn't fallen into the same pit as Parks and Rec where it stops being much of a comedy and instead turns into a show about watching the characters be cute together in their relationships/weddings. Though that may be coming!

10. GatherTheArsenal

GatherTheArsenal Metal Head Farmer

BBC's Blue Planet 2 for the past week, watching sea turtles and weird ass fish in 4K is legit

11. ThtOthrPrsn

ThtOthrPrsn Unconventional

Great British Baking Show has been my guilty pleasure lately. I'm also catching back up on the latest season of The Flash.

12. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Smashed right through the entire final season of Voltron Legendary Defender.

I said before that between this and Castlevania were both loaded with fan service, references and call backs done right. Season 8 hits that right on the nose while nicely rounding up and hitting the series home. Without wishing to spoil, if you're a fan of the original 80s dub, then this hits you right off the bat, and continues to hit you some more. Perhaps too meta, but it was nice and cute. There's some more in the final episode but again, without wishing to spoil, it opens the story up to big and new possibilities.

What I liked about this season is how it does it's best to tie as much loose ends as possible yet doing it at such a leisurely pace that it gave a lot of breathing space between giant mecha action (which this has a lot of). All the main characters and support characters get their shining moment and it's all balanced so well. It does get a little overbloated and trips over itself at times thanks to certain backstories introduced so late in the game then quickly resolved (one major character particularly comes to mind). Which sort of sucks when it's this late in the game. Also it suffers from the deus ex machina pandemic towards the end, but I commend the writers for at least going all out with it I guess. :lol:

Still, it's minor quibbles on a remake done right finally reaching the excellent conclusion. Highly recommended to watch with kids and Voltron fans alike.