T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

yeah. I think how you enjoy it is tied to your thoughts on futurama .A mate of mine is enjoying it and he's a huge futurama fan . while, I haven't watched a new Simpsons in 6 years or something I am def more of a Simpsons fan

2. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Starting Ozark season 2. Episode 1 kicks off nicely.

synrgy, KnightBrolaire and The906 like this.
  3. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

^Yeah, I powered through S2 in about 3 days. I really like the show. S2 is a little more prodding than S1, but arguably better in terms of character depth. There aren't as many 'holy shit' moments as there are in S1 (despite the stakes being raised), but the tone is consistent throughout.

4. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

3 days is a short amount of time to rip through. I tried to pace season 1 but the show was addicting. Knocked it out in a week or two which I thought was fast. I did notice right off the bat that season 2 has a dark filter that I don't remember noticing in season 1.

Ruth went from being my least favorite character at the start of season 1 to being one of my favorite. Season 2 she starts off strong telling those Bobcats who's boss.

5. The906

The906 Hella rad Contributor

I did S2 and.....
    ...its way overdone. THE FAMILY IS GOING TO DIE IF THIS NEW THING DOESN'T HAPPEN EVERY 5 MINUTES .. The only levity died with Buddy. Now its just DARK STRESSFUL STUFF ALL THE TIME with characters I mostly cared about in S1 but really don't now.
    The car hit on the Snell's was surprisingly VERY SURVIVABLE for some reason also, for the car too. Fucking LOL.

Demiurge likes this.
  6. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

New seasons of 3 of the shows I like allot starting this week

Bo jack horseman
    shameless (US)
    forged in fire

7. NateFalcon

NateFalcon Party’s over

Bojack took a bit for me to get into but I love the Uncle Cuck background posters and ads...funny stuff F64B3FDA-75C4-4996-9FFA-FEAE42EF9BB0.png 35AC9C33-C729-4BD8-AAF4-AE35E6EE45FB.jpeg

8. KanoraK

KanoraK SS.org Regular

Just binge-watched Atypical Season 2. I know it's not the best series ever, but damn, this is a very refreshing show to watch.

9. NateFalcon

NateFalcon Party’s over

Started the next season of Bojack (meh...) and for some odd reason started watching The Good Place...episode 3 where Janet randomly blurts out “The Portland Trail Blazers are in the bad place” I about laughed out of my chair...I always appreciate swipes at Portland

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  10. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

Iron Fist season 2.

I feel like a hat-tip is in order: Marvel was pretty clearly listening to all the negative feedback surrounding the first season. This was - IMHO - a much better run, and I find I'm actually looking forward to the next season.

11. Randy

Randy ROOMFORYOUROOMFORYOUROOMFORYOU Super Moderator

Ann Coulter's got a new book out?

synrgy likes this.
  12. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Just finished season 2 as well. Agreed it was definitely a much better run. The writing is better, the fight scenes are choreographed better, albeit a majority still set in underlit rooms and hallways but you can see what's going on. The plot and subplots are much more interesting, Davos and Typhoid Mary were certainly much better antagonists than Harold Meachem or the entire Hand. The critical reception of season 1 was the shot in the arm the series needed.

I can't help but feel that Danny Rand's arc has a meta narrative subtext, and was done purposely. A major flaw in season 1 was Rand being the most annoying character, and season 2 adds self awareness to it, like the writers really wanted to show that they were listening to the fans that crucified season 1. From a cynical standpoint, it's rather obnoxious. But it worked for the better, so no real argument here.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    synrgy likes this.
  13. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

I’m a Breaking Bad super fan, and have been in love with Better Call Saul through the first three seasons as well... so it pains me to say that season 4 is bothering me. There’s too much fan service, as bostjan mentioned (it’s almost nothing BUT fan service), and I feel like Gilligan and Co. took the praise they received for pulling off such a slow burn to their head, because this season feels like slow burn for the sake of slow burn. Like... you guys are maybe the best writers on TV, but Jimmy isn’t such a good character that we can’t get enough of seeing him interact with Kim’s colleagues at a cocktail party. We can. Let’s move on.

Maybe I’m being cynical for some reason, and a second viewing will change my mind, but I really hope these last three episodes deliver the sort of payoff we’ve come to expect from BrBa, or else I’m going to have some painful mixed emotions.

14. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I liked season 3, but it was one of those deals where it seemed like a good end to the series. After getting burned so hard by the Office Season 4, I'm waiting for the season to be over and postmortems before I risk sullying the memory of a great show! :p

15. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

new season of shameless is good . more of the same but its entertaining

been watching Ken Burns Vietnam series on netflix , when I can take a dose of how shitty humanity is

16. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Started watching The Good Place a few days ago. Needed a Michael Schur kick and I've ignored this one long enough. So far so good and doesn't fail to throw a few subtle laughs.

17. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I binged season 1 over the past two days and started S2 of this last night, it's a super refreshing show to watch.

I'm always worried about shows where the main character's reason for being the main character is a disorder (The Good Doctor, Monk, to a lesser extent Bojack Horseman's depression/shitty nature, etc...) because I have no way of knowing whether or not it's an accurate representation of that condition, and if I'm laughing with vs. at someone; but with Atypical, it seems like it's more laughing at all the little things we as non-autistic people just pick up on and understand, yet on paper it sounds wrong or wouldn't make any sense.

18. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire despair ahead

Finally finished up season 2 of Ozark, and it was a fucking slog barring the last couple of episodes. I still enjoyed the season overall.
    At the rate they're killing antagonists off in this show, I don' really know where they're going to go from here. Obviously Darlene is going to be a huge problem next season, but past that they kind of killed off the only other major threat (agent petty or whatever his name was).

The906 likes this.
  19. NateFalcon

NateFalcon Party’s over

Parks and Recreation is mildly cracking me up at times...The Office 2.0 and only slightly better IMO

The906 likes this.
  20. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Parks and Rec is like the office in some ways. I think season 3 of P&R is on the same level as The Office seasons 2&3. Both declined after those peaks, but P&R didn’t fall as hard. It just turned into a touchy-feely look how cute all the couples are show most of the time, which is boring.

Started watching Better Call Saul’s new season. It’s fine. I don’t care about all of the subplots. Some episodes are definitely better than others for that reason. You get whole episodes with no Nacho and that is sad.