T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire baritone zone

eh I thoroughly enjoyed it even though the last season of Banshee kind of sucked (still not as bad as Dexter, Sopranos or True Blood's later seasons though).

2. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

RIP Anthony Bourdain. Gonna have to get in some more Parts Unknown on Netflix soon because I think it's going away later this month.

3. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I watched episodes 2,3 and 4 of Arrested Development season 5, and man alive. I have not laughed one single time in four episodes now. It's so awful. I liked Season 4 alright despite the slow start, but this is just sad. They really murdered Lucille's character in particular. It feels like Jessica Walter is giving as little effort as possible (from what I just heard today about the behind-the-scenes strife, this may be true), and she was often the best part of the first seasons, so blah.

mongey likes this.
  4. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

me and the wife have scrapped arrested development season 5 half way through ep 3

it just plain is shit in so many ways its not worth listing them.

5. wankerness

I watched season 2 of Glow in one sitting, cause I loved season 1 and watched that multiple times. This one's a bit bolder, but also more lurchy (it seems like it can be divided into 2-3 episode chunks instead of one big 10 episode story like last season) and melodramatic. I dunno. I still liked it a lot. Debbie is the worst. I liked the subplot with the slimy exec using sexual favors as exchange for the fate of the show. Partly because they treated it similarly to the abortion thing last season, where it happens, you get the characters' reactions, and then it pretty much goes "well that was horrible, we'll just move on." And I liked the self-defeating female reaction as opposed to the much more cathartic "second opinion." It was kind of unexpected.

I liked what they did with Sam (Marc Maron)'s daughter a hell of a lot more than what they did first season, where I thought the whole character/subplot sucked. And some of the wrestling was really fun, particularly the "cameos" in the last episode. I don't know how I felt about the episode that was just an episode of the TV show when they go nuts - those music vid

Debbie is the worst. I can't stress it enough. She looks good in the out-of-place shower scene, though!

6. MFB

MFB ExBendable

SEASON 2 IS OUT?!

SON OF A BITCH

7. wankerness

The board was screwed up last night and wouldn't submit posts, so a partial one ended up posted there and I couldn't edit it. So, I meant to say, those music videos are PAINFUL. :D

8. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

finished off ugly delicious on netfilx . liked it . the episodes on fried chicken and freid rice were particularly good with the overtones of racism involved in each

synrgy likes this.
  9. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Gotta love a little unnecessary racism added unnecessarily. :lol:

Wait... were they undertones or overtones?

10. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

whichever is more racist

11. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Overtones. Undertones are meant to be kind of there, but if you weren't specifically looking for it, you might not notice.

12. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Couple of episodes Adventure Time, which was mostly pointless childish crappy randomness. If you like that kind of thing it's ok, but this wasn't for me.

13. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

Working on 14/14 schedule where internet is virtually as fast as dial-up modem, I try to bring a season on my HDD everytime I come to work. Right now I just completed season 2 of Better Call Saul, I enjoy it but can't say it'll be one of my all time favorite tv show. Still worth to watch.

Next time I go back home, I'll finally be able to get the last season of 12 Monkeys. The first season was allright, but the second and the third are effing awesome. I've rewatched Season 3's finale recently to get myself back into the story and man, it still gave me shivers ahah.

Beside that, I recently watched:

- Altered Carbon (visually superb, main story got side tracked a bit too much but I guess that they wanted to revolve around the history of the character since it was the first season.)
    - Breaking Bad (watched up until season 2 and stopped, decided to go through the whole serie recently. Enjoyed it)
    - The Punisher (fast paced, brutal show. Weak storyline IMO, but all the action made up for it)
    - Banshee (gotta agree with everyone here, season 2 and 3 were pretty dope, season 4 was a huuuuge let down)
    - Stranger Things (watched the first season on a rotation and then watched it along season 2 with my girlfriend. Think she's more hooked on it than I am, but I still enjoyed it)

And I also watched a couple of episode of Westworld at home, pretty sure that'll be the serie I'll be watching after 12 Monkeys and BCS. Dig the plot but I only watched the episode while doing something.

14. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

re watching game of thrones from the start as our chuck it on when we don't know what we want to watch show , or can't agree what to watch

just finished s1 and it really is a great season of tv. there is just so much progression of multiple story lines in 1 season. plenty of shows have great 1st seasons , breaking bad, the wire , sopranos but in terms of getting shit done and doing it well , I'd say it has to be the best

15. The906

The906 Hella rad Contributor

Season 7 will be DVR'd
    [​IMG]

I need to attempt to follow whatever story lines there are to follow going back from the start. Its kind of a mishmash esp with the 1 hour specials and whatnot. The characters are just so damn funny, I think Orpheus is my favorite still.

stevexc likes this.
  16. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire baritone zone

Ripper Street is fucking awesome. Been on a big binge through the first 2 seasons. It's great at showing off the nasty grimy side of victorian london.

The906 likes this.
  17. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

enjoying the 2nd season of glow. got 2 episodes left .

I think I am enjoying it more than the 1st season. story has a bit more meat on the bones

18. Triple7

Triple7 The Decepticon

As of late I've been watching:

Animal Kingdom season 2 - Awesome show!
    Mr. Robot season 2 - heard this season was the worst
    Outcast season 2 - good so far!
    Castle Rock - Really digging this one too

19. milofarid

milofarid Scavenger !

Archer , Westworld

The906 likes this.
  20. The906

The906 Hella rad Contributor

ugh, Dexter... its like a shitty buffet where all the good stuff is next to the plates. You fill up then go for some desert but there's only stale graham crackers and circus peanuts.