T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I just started watching Justified and there was a small gag in one of the early seasons about the pronunciation of realtor- which made it even funnier in retrospect, if it was done on purpose.

synrgy and KnightBrolaire like this.
  2. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Oh man, season 2 of Westworld is GREAT. Way better than the first so far, mainly cause it's focusing on character instead of some kind of plot puzzle.

3. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

anyone else watching Barry ? I'm really flip flopping on it . at times I think its great then 5 minutes later i'm not feeling it

watched first ep of the new archer, danger island or whatever its called. I really like the first 6 seasons. kinda feel like its done though .

4. The906

The906 Hella rad Contributor

sigh...Trailer Park Boys Season 12....

5. wankerness

How bad is it? I can't even remember which the last one I saw was. 10, I think? They've been spitting them out too fast. I remember season 8 had one scene that almost killed me (the puppet show at the school), but that otherwise 8/9 were a gigantic step down from 7, which was already inferior to 2-6, which are about the funniest comedy show ever. Maybe they're trying to be like the Simpsons! Meaning we can look forward to another 10 seasons that suck.

6. The906

I totally get it, definitely a cycle of ups and downs post Clattenburg. Season 12 was a large return to form pretty much. I wish they'd get some of the originals who've left back in the mix. There's a completely unexpected S1-only minor role returnee too.

7. wankerness

Who is missing at this point? I heard a couple years ago that Lucy left for good cause of serial harassment/mistreatment or something from one of the leads - Bubbles, I think? Lahey died. I think Corey and Trevor left cause of mistreatment, also, but IIRC they got them back for season 10 or something.

8. The906

Trevor gone Corey came back.. Phil Collins dead. Shitty Mike dead. But the big one JRoc. He left after s10 (I think). Ray's been gone for a while, who was great.
    I'm not %100 on the Lucy cause but IMO, not much of a net loss.
    Lahey was in all of s12.

9. wankerness

Wow, they must have filmed it a while ago.

Yeah, Jroc leaving is a pretty big hole. I think Lucy was pretty important for character variety - she was always pretty fun despite being relatively normal compared to say, Ricky or J-Roc. Her and Sarah only really worked as a pair. And I really, REALLY don't like Trinity in these new seasons, nor Jacob due to association.

Shitty Mike?? I see "Shitty Bill" died, but I honestly don't even remember who that is! I watched a clip from season 5 and have no memory of that guy.

10. The906

ha, you're right its Shitty Bill. The occasional junkyard guy. I do miss Ray though, so many super funny eps with him. Sometimes the characters like Jacob and Trinity, don't really do much to contribute. They need to keep equally funny secondary characters around near the original 5 (4 now) with Randy and the Boys. Keep Cyrus and Losco around, they were great supporting players.

They mostly shoot in the summer , it seems, then release the following spring. Lahey kicked last fall. S12 is worth a shot if you are a TPB fan, it doesn't go off into "celebrity guest TPB" story lines like a few seasons did.

11. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Watching Kitchen Nightmares and looking up the restaurants. Most of them are closed. :lol:

12. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Can you believe it? Amy's Baking Company closed! I'm as shocked as you are!

13. Spaced Out Ace

And I'm sure most people would blame Gordon for these businesses closing up shop. It couldn't possibly be the fact that the recession fucked a lot of them up.

Amy's Baking Company was pretty hilarious though :lol:

[​IMG]

14. Spaced Out Ace

The Last Days of Michael Jackson

15. wankerness

The Deuce - this is really great. I'm dismayed that it's getting no mainstream attention. It's not quite Wire level, but it's not that far off. My biggest gripe is that I can't tell James Franco's twin brother characters apart.

It's nice to see to see D'Angelo back on TV in a David Simon show, even if his part is kind of dull.

Maggie Gyllenhaal is fantastic, unsurprisingly.

The only other thing that isn't working is the spoiled college girl on her egotistical trip into the underbelly. They also cast a 37 year old as a 19 year old in a lead role. She actually pulls it off, but if this goes on a few years I think the cracks may show!!

zappatton2 likes this.
  16. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

started watching the wild wild country doco series on Netflix after it was recommended

first episode was pretty slow but it def picks up after that

17. NateFalcon

NateFalcon The Impossible Kid

Not usually a Netflix fan but I finished the first season of Stranger Things and aside from a couple cheesy scenes...it was pretty good. I started on season two and we’ll see how how long it goes till the story falls apart, so far it’s pretty decent for a Netflix production...

18. MFB

MFB ExBendable

If I recall correctly, its 4 seasons and done for this story. Whether or not they try to recast and expand the world is a different story, but Hawkins/11/Mike and et al have two more seasons of storyline.

19. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

so Walking Dead aye?
    What an utter mess.

That show and AMC are fucked imo.
    Lawsuits, main characters jumping ship, ratings dropping through the floor. Huge contracts to Norman Reedus that will backfire once the show gets scrapped.

What a sad waste.
    Gimple has ruined it and deserves all the shite coming his way now.
    Riggs fired for no reason?. Wont renew "Maggies" contract for slightly higher salary, but willing to throw $20million at Norman?, Pissing off Andrew Lincoln so he drops out?.

Now being stingy and withholding money means they are getting sued.
    Deary me.

20. wankerness

Watched the last season of Silicon Valley. This show has gotten to be as much of a drag as The Walking Dead. This season was less painfully repetitive and unpleasant than the last two, I guess. Also, it was shorter! As usual, I laughed about once an episode. Ugh. Richard's just such a cretin and I hate watching him. Kumail Nanjiani and Bill are the reasons I stick with it.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - I just saw there were new episodes yesterday, so I burned through all 6 of them. I dunno what the release schedule is like this year. BUT, the first couple episodes sorta sucked like last season, then there's this bizarre fake documentary episode that was pretty funny, then I loved the rest of the episodes. Ellie Kemper is about my favorite person ever, and it's sad that the show hasn't been measuring up to season 2, which I would put up there with The Office seasons 2 and 3, or Parks and Rec season 3, as one of my favorite comedy shows ever.

Arrested Development - I watched one and a half episodes of season 5 and just couldn't do it anymore, I had to turn it off. I hate Michael, so much. I don't know if this is a problem with the new season, or if something flipped in me that I wouldn't be able to watch the first three seasons, either! I'll try again sometime.