T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire I have chronic GAS

such a good show, I love how campy it is.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  2. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Agreed. Not a show, but I'm about to watch A Christmas Horror Story. William Shatner is in it for some reason. :lol:

3. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Started Philip K Dicks Electric Dreams. First episode down and reaaalllyyy digging it so far.

4. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Tore though Wormwood (Netflix). There aren't many movies or shows that revolve around MK Ultra so this was really interesting to watch. They did a great job of letting the son tell his rendition of his father's story all while throwing in tastefully written scenes with some surprising faces holding down key roles. There's six additional pod casts for after the show ends, but haven't gotten to them yet.

5. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Archer. I'm up to season 4 or 5.

fps likes this.
  6. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Started to watch the new season of The League Of Gentlemen. It's like being reunited with an old friend after so long, only the old friend is frighteningly insane, obsessed with pens and frogs and occasionally goes out in the nude. Love it.

fps likes this.
  7. TonyFlyingSquirrel

TonyFlyingSquirrel Cherokee Warrior

Godless.
    Broadchurch.
    Doc Martin.

8. KnightBrolaire

watching the runaways and it's so boring.
    also plowing through narcos, which is really good.

9. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Narcos was great. I haven't watched season 3 yet. I rarely hear much about narcos and wonder why? Season one and two were powerhouses that deserve more attention.

10. KnightBrolaire

I heard a lot of buzz about it for the season 1 and 2, but i think the switch in stories/characters for season 3 threw a lot of people off

11. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

I finished Stranger Things season 2 earlier this week and hate to say it but I found the entire season disappointing. 11's little side adventure and new edgy look were really lame. I'm not sure if it was because they had a bigger budget to work with or what the deal was but the whole 80's thing seemed way too forced this time around.

There were some alright moments but more cringe worthy than good.

Season 2 ended at a pivotal moment, so I've been expecting some sort of change for season 3. I'm interested to dive in and see where they went with it.

12. Ralyks

Finally started Mr. Robot season 3. It’s been a bunch of moments of “Well, THAT escalated quickly...”

13. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Just finished season one of Legion (it's on Hulu now). With all the weirdness, surreal-ness, and humor- it's what I always hoped the X-Men related shows & movies would be.

Starting Fargo now. So far, so good. Billy Bob Thornton's character is awesome.

14. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Season 3 put Mr. Robot back on track, with the exception of a few moments here and there. There are parts of the ending that were more annoying and weak rather than their intentions of being big reveals and pivotal moments *cough* Angela *cough*. Another thing I didn't like was that Tyrel went from being this obscure, confident character to being so reliant and obsessed with Elliot. Not sure what they were going for with that.

Anyone that jumped ship because of Season 2 should really give Season 3 a watch. Not only does it sum all of Season 2 up in a matter of minutes, the show returns to its core characters and stories instead of trying so hard to create useless side plots and side characters that nobody cares about.

15. Ralyks

Anyone else check out Altered Carbon? 4 episodes in, I’m digging it. At least it’s satifying my want for more Cyberpunk related content.

16. takotakumi

takotakumi SS.org Regular

I thought it was going to suck without Pablo but imo they did an excellent job redirecting to the new "bad guys" of the series.
    The plot was amazing too, to me it felt as a flawless transition. Expected the season to suck but loved it.

17. r33per

r33per SS.org Regular

Season One of How To Get Away With Murder. Started fairly well, got ridiculous in a very boring kind of way. Characters were anaemic (obvs. referring to personality...), writing was lazy and found myself totally uninterested in the selfishness and hypocritical self-righteousness of everyone that graced the screen.

Sorry, Shonda: this one really didn't do it for me.:lame:

18. fps

fps Kit

Latest series of Inside No 9 (Shearsmith and Pemberton from LoG) just finished - brilliant series closer.

19. fps

fps Kit

Tried an episode of Stranger Things. Left me bored beyond belief. Pastiche of other things I've already seen, not very interesting mysteries, I'll give it one more episode but this is striking me as empty hype and a lot of people seeing things and going *Oh I recognise this thing* so far.

20. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I listened to the first track of Dark Side of the Moon. This is what people were hyped about?! It's just a bunch of thumps, typewriter noises, and talking! I might listen to another track, but I think people just like it because they think if it's this abstract it must be good.