T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Alright, the last episode made up for most of the shortcomings of the previous two. I'm a little disappointed that del Toro is not going to direct the finale, but I just don't know anything about J Miles Dale, so maybe it'll be just as epic.

dax21 likes this.
  2. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

Rick & Morty Season 3. Show just keeps getting better!

The Defenders. Meh. It's not nearly as bad as IF, but it's not nearly as good as DD or JJ, either.

Elwood likes this.
  3. naw38

naw38 SS.org Regular

Just finished watching The Mist. Dumbest thing that's been filmed since Under The Dome.

The script sounded like it was the first draft, the editor gave no consideration to pacing, I'm pretty sure they just filmed a dress rehearsal because none of the acting or blocking was believable, every beat was predictable.

A shame, considering that Francis Conroy was in it and I remember the original film being pretty enjoyable.

4. Elwood

Elwood SS.org Regular

ozark - great series after 4 episodes
    Rock and Morty - Really enjoying Series 3!

5. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Sunbro

started watching Ballers and I like it. The Rock is always entertaining imo.

6. synrgy

Nailed it.

[​IMG]

7. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Sunbro

I so desperately wanted iron fist to be good and it was horrible. Defenders was ok. I'm really excited for Punisher though, Jon Bernthal was easily the best part of season 2 of DD imo, plus I've been a diehard Punisher fan since I was a kid.

8. synrgy

^Samesies. And I really hoped Marvel would have learned from the unanimously negative reaction to IF and addressed it by minimizing Danny's role in Defenders, or at least making the character a little less cringey.

Nope.

upload_2017-9-4_11-14-13.png

KnightBrolaire likes this.
  9. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

yeah agree

me and the wife watched all of fringe in a 3 month space. felt I had run a damn marathon after

10. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Watched all 3 season of Bojack over this past week, didn't realize S4 was coming out on Friday. I really enjoyed it, and I'm glad I got around to it despite crapping on it initially (I knew what the concept of the character was and at the time it felt very old hat)

Not sure where it's gonna go but I feel like it can only go up from where they ended

11. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

yeah . I thought season 3 was great . surprisingly heavy at times

Its one show I think has really improved with each season

12. MFB

MFB ExBendable

From S1 to S2 is the greatest leap in terms of quality, S3 found any weak spots that S2 may have had and boosted those little bits to be consistently great and push what the show could do (like the underwater episode); that ending though was painful.

13. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

yeah

the whole sarah lynn thing killed me .I actually cried on the train watching it for the first time

14. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Finally got around to watching season 3 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

In terms of character development, it's the weakest season yet. There wasn't much going on (if any) and there were repetitions on where the relationship between Kimmy and Titus were going in circles. One particular episode almost felt like a note for note rehash from season 2. Lilian and Jackie (particularly the former) at least had a stronger arc.

Having said that, the jokes are as strong and sharp as ever. It's great to see some of the SNL/30 Rock alumni show up (on screen), and having Titus being threatened to be molested by a Sesame Street Muppet is a stern reminder of why I watch shows like this. :lol:

15. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Season 3 is a HUGE step down from Season 2. It's probably still better than season 1. The college stuff was all great. I hated the Beyonce stuff at the beginning and the other bizarre episodes like the cruise ship, etc. The stuff with David Cross becoming hot was also really lame.

16. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Sunbro

god I need to rewatch the first season and start the 2nd/3rd. I loved the 1st season, especially titus and his whole schtick about being a reincarnated geisha

17. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Anyone catch AHS:Cult? I thought the premier was perfectly fitting of the show - some very good mixed with some very bad. What it gets right, it gets perfect and what it gets wrong it gets so totally wrong. I'll keep tuning in for now. :lol:

18. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

I was afraid that Season 3 of Narcos was going to feel like too much of a strange departure to keep me on board, but it was excellent. I'm actually considering going through it again.

takotakumi likes this.
  19. takotakumi

takotakumi SS.org Regular

Same, I thought without Pablo is was going to be bad but this was completely opposite. I really enjoyed this season.
    The only thing I noticed was that it did not really made me binge watch it. For instance, I remember S01 and S02 had either
    some cliffhangers or something that made me anxious to watch the next, whereas this one I felt the episodes were intense
    but felt enough to not work force to anxiously watch the next? haha Idk Im wierd I guess.

So apparently the director was asked how many more seasons we have left and he responded by saying until
    narcotrafico ends in Latin America....which is good for more seasons/material but my fear is that it ends up turning bad
    as do most long series...

...and I also found out David is my most hated character out of all series I've watched in my life.
    Exceeding Joffrey and Ramsey from GoT and many other assholes :mad:

20. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Halfway through season 4 of bo jack.

Enjoying it so far. Keeps up the high standard.