Superior Drummer Q&A

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Winspear, Jan 18, 2011.

1. neoclassical85

neoclassical85 SS.org Regular

Awesome, good luck man!

2. GBH14

GBH14 SS.org Regular

What's the best way to go about getting a cymbal roll (is that what you would call it?)

I have tried repetitive hits of varying velocities, and also hits on alternate cymbals but neither sound convincing at all...

Any tricks?

3. GBH14

GBH14 SS.org Regular

No one?

4. WhoThenNow7

WhoThenNow7 SS.org Regular

If I redownload to the newest version, should I delete the previous version completely? or just download on top of it?

5. neoclassical85

I think what you are referring to is a reverse cymbal. You can download these in .wav format and add them into your song using a seperate track if you want to try that.

6. neoclassical85

NO dont delete all of your soundbanks lol, you want to go into control panel, add remove programs, and uninstall superior drummer.. It will ONLY uninstall the superior engine which is like 40mb and it will leave all of your soundbanks alone.. Then install the newest version and youre all set. You might want to delete the superior drummer.dll out of you vst plugins folder for the old version, and when you load the new version up you might have to go into the settings and locate the folder where your sound banks are. Cheers.

7. bigredmetfan

bigredmetfan SS.org Regular

Hello. Quick question. I have opened up Logic Pro X and cannot find superior drummer anywhere in the plugins list. It appears in garageband but nothing in logic pro x...Any ideas?

8. Ocara-Jacob

Ocara-Jacob SSO Recluse

I'll help you out- There's a dingus little button in the midi edit window that lets you change it from a piano roll to little tabs that you can name. It's pretty convenient.

9. MatthewLeisher

MatthewLeisher Ghostmaker

Hey, I have a question and I apologize if it's been asked before but I couldn't find an answer. I'm running SD 2.0 through Cubase 5. I have two guitar tracks panned hard left an hard right and a multiout SD 2.0 track. The SD track is really quiet compared to the guitars, and even though they're quiet, it still shows that they're clipping whenever I click a drum. I've tried adding a compressor but it doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone help me out?

10. Ant3XB

Ant3XB SS.org Regular

Hi Matthew maybe try turning down the SSD master volume in the main window or on you DAW Mixer and then record all the guitars at a lower volume too. That way you can mix the levels better and boost the volume at the end using your DAW.

11. Fenceclimber

Fenceclimber I love Ibanez

Hi! I have a question about multi-out and sending to busses. I've just recently got into midi-drums and I was wondering what the reasoning behind multi-out in Superior Drummer is. Is it just so that you have the individual drums on individual channels in the DAW's mixer so that you can eQ them as if you had recorded a real mic'ed up kit? Isn't the mixer inside of superior drummer designed for that?

So, what is ''multi-out'' used for and what is the differnce of using the mixer inside of superior drummer?

Thanks, I'm really quite confused right now.

12. sunung1188

sunung1188 SS.org Regular

I may be off topic but, have you ever tried Steven Slate Drums? I used to use Superior Drummer until I found these

13. fr4nci2c0

fr4nci2c0 SS.org Regular

Hi I am new to Cubase I have all of my outputs activated and routed in the superior drummer to the correct channels now I cannot figure out how to make a bus to put effects on that I can blend with the original drum track as shown at 1:47 in this video

and at 2:01 in this vid

Any help would be appreciated really trying to get a legit drum sound and I know this is really important.

14. BouhZik

BouhZik SS.org Regular

Hi!

How to add midi in the user library please?

15. niffnoff

niffnoff Just another SunBro

Cubase you go to VST Instruments (Where you'd get superior) then there should be an arrow like -> then from there you just enable all the outputs.

There ya go more channels now you just need to route through superior to the outputs.

16. that short guy

that short guy SS.org Regular

Holy crap this program takes forever to download, and I still have 4 more disk to go fml....

but while I'm waiting I'm sure it has been covered somewhere in this thread it's just a lot to read, but can anyone direct me to a (few) good videos that are good learning tools to sculpt a decent hard rock/metal sound. think 36 crazyfists and of mice and men drum tone.

thanks in advance for any help guys

17. that short guy

that short guy SS.org Regular

Never mind. figured it out my issue lol

18. MrEzzyE

MrEzzyE SS.org Regular

Is there a stand alone possibility in Superior where I can create my drum tracks EASILY? I find it very much pain in the butt to program tracks in Logic´s Piano Roll. I have EzDrummer 2 and I am stuck in my song writing because I am super lazy to use time for drum programming and also the pre-recorded tracks suit only very seldom. I would upgrade to Superior instantly if there was an easy way to do this. Or if you have other suggestions how to do this, please let me know! Thanks!

19. niffnoff

niffnoff Just another SunBro

Guitar Pro, import the midi and alter the velocities, quantize (to make things slightly more human and not robot).

Or make a template with the stock grooves and alter them to taste. Really your only options.

20. thedukewestern

thedukewestern The Duke Western

I think they have some bugs unfortunately - I recently got the rock warehouse pack and it came with 3 discs... but after the 2nd disc said it was fully installed... ? Curious.. support was unhelpful