Superior Drummer 3 owners, quick question

Discussion in 'Drums & Percussion' started by patdavidmusic, Jun 15, 2018.

1. patdavidmusic

patdavidmusic SS.org Regular

Hey all,
    Thanks for checking the thread out,
    Just double checking, if I have a terrible midi programmed drum track,
    can I use Superior Drummer 3, to analyse the track and replace with SD3 grooves?

Or would I still need to reprogram every hit,
    -Massive amateur when it comes to drummer programming-
    Thanks for your help,

Pat

2. Quitty

Quitty Hates 'mojo'

Samplers - Superior Drummer included - replace MIDI notes with actual sound. Grooves are irrelevant and no one needs to analyze anything.
    If your track has MIDI notes, Superior Drummer will replace them with drum hits.

If you have recorded audio rather than MIDI, though, then the answer is no.

patdavidmusic likes this.
  3. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

After reading Quitty's reply I wonder if I have any idea of what the heck it is you are talking about here but.......

I think the best thing to do is just delete your midi drums and drag a groove that works into your DAW. It is near impossible I have found to have a pre written song and happen to find grooves that work for the entire song so what I do is edit the grooves instead of programming the entire thing. Lets me keep the human velocities.

To directly answer the question, I am unsure if SD3 has a function that will scan your track and add grooves that will fit. I would assume no, but if there is I would love to know about it.

4. jonsick

jonsick SS.org Regular

Translation: OP made MIDI drum tracks that are bad, but they have the basics in them. He wants to use SD3 to scan his MIDI and find decent MIDI loops that will fit what he's after.

I don't think SD3 can do that. However if you have a MIDI keyboard, you can use the search funciton to find what you need. The idea is one key=bass drum, another key = snare drum, you can have others too and you play along in time and SD will find what fits. Then you can choose what you want. I would go that route if I were you.