Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by StevenC, Jan 24, 2017.

1. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

You realize that the TFA trailer on the left is not how it was, and the maker of that video reedited it to try and get it to match, right?

Right?

No?

:wallbash:

There are definitely some similar shots, which I'd certainly expect in a trailer to a movie FOR A DIRECT SEQUEL. The horror!

2. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I hadn't gotten a chance to watch this video yet, but I've heard everyone saying the same thing.

Mob mentality is a funny thing it seems

3. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

my bad. The TFA teaser trailer was so long ago that I didnt fully remembered. So I guess I got caught in the trap.

I know the shots are similar I know Im expecting that. TBH I wasnt upset if this trailers thing was real, for me was more like a fun factor. I though it might have been fully on purpose like an easter egg thing, and I though that was pretty clever idea. I was just making a fun comment about the trailers being done the same :wavey:

4. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

*I said beep beep Ima sheep*

5. protest

protest SS.org Regular

Accuracy of the trailer comparison aside, I'll just never understand societies increasing need to care so vehemently about such utterly pointless .....

All I know is there's an epic space battle so I'm in. Also, Luke was never really been a true Jedi. He had the thing in the cave, he forced choked people, and went into rage bezerk mode. I think the movie poster is showing Rey as the last Jedi and then Kylo and Luke are something else, whether that's Sith or neither side I'm not sure.

6. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

although I agree wiht you on the Luke didnt quite "finish" his training or whatever. Thats something that it jsut cant be. Too many fans out there to them go into "Luke is not a Jedi" story. Heck the VI movie is "return of the Jedi", even if it was meant for Anakin, people still have in their hearts the Luke IS a Jedi.

Plus we already discover that this new movie title is in plural

and for your other point, Im in into this movie even without seeing anything. For a moment I actually loved the idea of the two trailers being the same, I just found it funny.

And for what its worth I would try to do what I have recently done with many movies. Ignore Every Trailer!!!!. I manage to do so with other movies, even till the point to pull out my phone during the trailers at the cinema and almost the cover my ears and go "alalalalalalal" but believe me it makes the movie experience SOOOOOOOOOOO much better. Recent trailers show far too much. I took the stupidity to watch the latest for the new spiderman and I was like "oh, there goes the ENTIRE plot of the movie.....great", now I just would watch it by filling the gaps in between the trailer shots.

7. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I did the same thing with the last Star Wars: I watched the first full trailer, and nothing else.

Let me tell you - it gets really difficult later on, because they promote it EVERYWHERE. On TV, it seemed like every other commercial was for Star Wars, and you'll see ads for it in the streets and on billboards, etc... I'd consider this a full trailer since it did enough teasing and world building for me to say OK, no more.

8. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Just a general comment about movie trailers. IMO, they are supposed to get people to go see the movie, but too many trailers these days tell you the whole plot of the movie, so, instead of intriguing you, they just spoil the movie.

Maybe just show me something that lets me know the tone of the film.

9. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Trailers these days show far less in the spoiler department than they used to, probably cause the internet generation has popularized the very idea of the spoiler and raging about it. Go watch practically any trailer for an action/sci-fi movie from the 80s or earlier, and it will include nearly every single stunt/effects shot in the movie, even if it involves a main character dying at the end of the movie or whatever, just cause movies used to have so few effects in them that you needed to include all of them to fill up a trailer :lol:

Some of them had brilliant marketing departments that did the reverse (Alien/Aliens has particularly great trailers that show almost nothing in the way of the monsters and build tension the whole time), but so many do what I said above. Ex, even frickin Jurassic Park has the T-Rex save at the end right there in the trailer.

10. Dayviewer

Dayviewer Mr. Djelecaster

bumpity:
    [​IMG]