Star wars Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mongey, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

As I mentioned in your other thread, PLENTY of good single player games.

Single play Star Wars game?.... Sadly, last ones I can think of are the Force Unleashed games on PS3.

Santuzzo likes this.
  2. Santuzzo

Santuzzo SS.org Regular

Thanks!
    Currently I'm enjoying Battlefront 1 quite a bit, especially the 'Skirmish' mode, but it's frustrating to see what I'm missing out on not having a PSN plus account for online gaming..... oh well.....

3. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

I got this offa PSN last night for under 20 bucks and i already regret it.

4. KanoraK

KanoraK SS.org Regular

With the recent updates, the progression system became really shitty and unplayable.
    EA sabotaged this game on purpose because of the microtransaction affair which occured when the game was released.
    The story of the solo mode was pretty good though.

5. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Yeah, but look at it and keep in mind that a really great company was far along into a fully solo Star Wars game and EA cancelled it cause "no one likes single player anymore" and then put out this trash instead.

Gotta love EA! I love that God of War made millions and millions more than BF2. I wish they'd un-cancel that Star Wars game since it looked AWESOME, but it's probably way too late. :(

6. KanoraK

KanoraK SS.org Regular

Indeed, it's all about multi-player modes nowadays...

7. wankerness

Mostly cause of monolithic companies trying to force it. Some of the top-selling games of the last couple years are single player only. EA just refuses to accept that and keeps doing stupid shit like this while declaring that single player is dead. I guess it's easier for them to adopt the business model of just endlessly recycling the same damn game, sticking tons of microtransactions in it, and releasing it yearly cause for some reason people keep paying for it. It's finally starting to backfire a bit, but there's still a silent majority of people out there that just buys their stupid sports games/COD games every year, only play them, and are happy as a clam. Argh.

I really wish they'd go out of business and that it would somehow resurrect all the great studios they absorbed and dissolved. I don't get why that had to happen. Bioware is next on the block, I'm sure (not that there's much left to dissolve).

8. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire git gud scrub

as far as I'm concerned bioware was dead after ME3. especially after seeing some of the garbage writing in andromeda.

9. wankerness

Right, I'm talking the more literal kind where everyone gets fired and it gets scattered to the wind, like they've done to many good studios already. I don't get it. Why would anyone let EA buy them out? It's just a 90% guarantee your company is going to go away. I guess it's cause of execs wanting a huge payday and not caring about what happens to their hundreds of employees.

10. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I wish they'd just take the license from EA. Plenty of other companies could do great things with the franchise. Personally, unless we're getting KOTOR on consoles, I'd only want a story driven Star Wars game at this point.

Side note, thinking about this, am I the only one who would dig remaking Shadows of the Empire? Or do something with Dash Rendar?

11. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

^I'd be more into a remake of Rogue Squadron, give how atrocious the flying has been in the SWBF games. But yeah, I could see SotE, too.

In both cases, though, it might be nostalgia goggles getting in the way. ;)

12. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Rogue Squadron 2 and 3 really hold up. Up the resolution and polygons a bit and I'd buy that game again.

13. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire git gud scrub

i would def buy a modern take on rogue squadron. I still boot up jedi starfighter from time to time since that was the last great star was fighter game imo