SS Love and Relationships Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SevenStringSam, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

[movievoice]As the date looms overhead, like a black cloud of misery, hatred and pain... one man understand the peril his gender has been in since the dawn of creation.[/movievoice]

:lol:

I hope to never be married. Fuck that noise. Other than the tax breaks, what is the point.

2. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

lol. First thing I said was "You know that this is going to negatively affect my credit rating don't you?"

Man... That wasn't the thing to lead with.

3. Spaced Out Ace

How does your foot taste? :rofl:

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  4. High Plains Drifter

I mean... the twinkle in her eye was already expiring so... I then asked her what the significance of May 11th was. Apparently it'll be 5 years to the day from when we first met.

I may need some help throughout all of this... sigh.

sezna and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  5. Spaced Out Ace

I hope you remember to remove your shoes before shoving your feet in your mouth. Or clean them first at least.

6. High Plains Drifter

Lmao... yea, I'm not too eloquent in a variety of situations but she knows that I've got some good qualities too... athletes tongue or not!

sezna likes this.
  7. Spaced Out Ace

:lol:

8. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I like how everyone equates their personal experiences to be "just the way things are now". :lol: There are people out there willing to treat a relationship like a proper partnership, they're just harder to find. I stay single 99% of the time 'cause I have no interest in playing games with people. Thanks to certain lifestyle choices I don't meet many new people, and online dating is a joke anyway. I don't want to "get women" or "get a girlfriend" like I'm checking it off some kind of list, but that seems like what tons of guys are doing.

9. Obsidian Soul

Obsidian Soul SS.org Regular

Is it wrong/taboo to be attracted to a friend of a friend's sister and want to act upon it?

Is it wrong/taboo to go out with a girl that used to babysit your friend even though she's only about a year older than you?

10. Spaced Out Ace

11. Obsidian Soul

Obsidian Soul SS.org Regular

Sorry, I forgot to clarify. It's not my conscience but my friend that's making me feel this way.

12. MFB

MFB ExBendable

The first one is a 3rd level friend, where she's a friend of a friend, so unless she comes up in a story that the friend she is friends with tells, you never really hear from/about her - so why should you feel it's wrong? She's for all intents and purposes, a stranger.

For the second, also no. She's a year older than you, and babysitting is just the first level of responsibility that adults will put on an older sibling if the option; it's ultimately meaningless whether or not she babysat you friend, if she's only one year older. It's a pedestal because the job has that construct (one sets the rules, the other follows them), but as adults, who gives a shit if that's the case.

13. naw38

naw38 SS.org Regular

Alright humans, I’m well stuck and need some help.

My girlfriend and I are trying to find some kind of activity we can do on a monthly basis, and we need it to be cheap (around $40 each). What we really want to do is some kind of martial arts class but I can’t find anything that’s good value, but suggestions for any kind of physical/fitness activity would be awesome.

14. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Aren't yoga sessions like, $20? You could definitely do that once a month, or twice if you really wanted to since there's usually discounts for the more you buy.

15. naw38

naw38 SS.org Regular

Problem with that is our other partners are already doing a yoga class, we can't exactly copy them, you know? And also we want something a little more violent and sweaty. Oh shit, maybe some sort of boot camp? Ugh, I'm so stuck.

16. naw38

naw38 SS.org Regular

Where'd that edit button go?!

Never mind, I found it; Krav Maga classes! Shit's gonna get nasty.

Alberto7 likes this.
  17. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

So I actually met girl who is cool and we have a massive a mount of things in common (nothing musically sadly)!

I met her a brewery by my house and hit it off immediately. We played trivia and laughed the whole time. I'm going to see her again tonight...hopefully things go well!

Vyn likes this.
  18. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

Awesome! I actually met my girlfriend just over 3 years ago at karate class. We only started dating about 6 months ago though! But yeah, we've stuck with it all the way through now, and we're still going strong with it and advancing through the ranks together. We were bit hard by the karate bug. We practice at our university dojo, (a JKA Shotokan dojo) and pay just short of $40 CAD for 1 class a week for the entire semester, though we also follow our sensei around to her other dojos and train a few more times a week, but to get started, once a week should be enough.

Which brings me to what I came here to write, which is just a little update from my side of the block. Been together 5 1/2 months, and it just keeps getting better. Of course, there are things we've had to learn how to deal with each other, but it's all way more than worth it. It's not even work at this point. We're talking about moving in together in July, but we still haven't made a solid decision yet... it's just that if we take too long to decide, we'd have to wait until July of next year to move in together, as leases typically start on July here in Montreal and last for a year. It's a little scary for both of us, but we both want to do it and are excited about it.

I went back to re-read some of my posts here from a few years ago, and makes me reminisce and think about how I've come to where I am, and... man, life takes some sharp, unexpected turns sometimes, and sometimes it's for the best.

19. naw38

naw38 SS.org Regular

Oh man, that's an awesome way to meet someone, and even better that y'all have continued to do it. Unfortunately we won't be able to hit it that hard due to time/money/child constraints, but still. Should be fun and elevate our play fighting to the next level.

I'd definitely recommend moving in; purely from a fiscal viewpoint, it makes sense, and it's also not the big deal that people often make it out to be. As long as y'all are both secure as individuals and as a couple, you'll be sweet.

Alberto7 likes this.
  20. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

This is maybe not quiiiiite the right thread for this, but there isn't a more appropriate one sooooo.....
    A while back I met someone from tinder. Super nice lady for the most part. Really spontaneous, legit wants to try new stuff and travel and stuff rather than just saying so, good sense of humor, etc. Just a pleasant person to be around. Anyway, the short version is that nothing romantic ever happens, but we stay friends for the most part- including her joining us on some random trips I took with some old friends. She's met a new guy since then and has been seeing him for a while. Cool, good for her.

Fast forward to yesterday where she messages me out of the blue asking about a show she wants to see (some kind of mind reader guy, not a concert). She asks if those friends we hung around with before are available, the whole bunch of us could go. I send my out some messages asking if they're available, but it takes them until the next day to get back to me. They decide they can't afford it right now, so I pass the message back the other way that it would be just me. All of the sudden none of the messages I get back from this lady have any enthusiasm, everything is awkward... she comes up with some excuses about how I'd be a third wheel now (since it's just her and new guy) unless she can convince one of her other friends to go too.

So... was I only invited as a means of getting to my other friends?

F*ck that. Gonna stay home and fix some stuff on my car I've been putting off instead. I've got no time for the drama. I'm fully capable of being friends with someone who rejected me in favor of another dude, but I don't appreciate being used as a means to access my other friends. If you want to invite them just invite them and leave me out of it if you really don't want me to be there.