SS Love and Relationships Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SevenStringSam, Jun 17, 2010.

1. will_shred

will_shred not that good.

If things are going well, in that situation I would just be like "hey, mind if I kiss you?" its worked 2/2 times for me, so that's a decent sample size, right? I think its good to be completely forward with your intentions to avoid any confusion. and if she says no than shes not interested and then you can probably still be friends if she doesn't get all uptight about it

I also just want to say that SSO is the only public forum where I feel comfortable bitching about my love life, or lack thereof. <3 you guys.

2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

^ I'm not sure I could have pulled that off in these situations. Which could be a sign that things were not, in fact, going as well as I had thought.

3. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

I have the same issues. But conversation flows completely naturally with some ppl. Yes. These ppl are much fewer and father between. Life can get a bit lonely in the time between but in some ways I think it's good. When there's chemistry it's obvious. When there isn't you're used to keeping on any damn way.

4. Konfyouzd

I have the same issues. But conversation flows completely naturally with some ppl. Yes. These ppl are much fewer and father between. Life can get a bit lonely in the time between but in some ways I think it's good. When there's chemistry it's obvious. When there isn't you're used to keeping on any damn way.

Oh... And the "this was not a date" thing is just how you say "I swiped right on 6 other dudes too..." (or whatever the positive direction is...)

5. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

I talk to myself, too.

6. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

It could be, but I've always thought there was an expectation that the person you're meeting is probably also meeting/seeing other people, or could be. I've had dates admit, on the day I met them, that they plan on meeting someone else the next day or something like that. No big deal, I might be doing the same. I'd rather the honesty.

7. youngthrasher9

youngthrasher9 SS.org Regular

Turns out it's not a good idea to let a girl convince you to share your psychological profile of her with her.

I'm a dumbass

8. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Trying to bring this thread back on-topic: I've had love and a relationship for the last few years, now, plus before that.

9. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

ok, what the hell happened? sounds interesting :lol:

youngthrasher9 likes this.
  10. Konfyouzd

The fuck just happened?

"So I've been reading this book right... And it turns out women like you tend to be batshit insane. Isn't that hilarious?!"

youngthrasher9 likes this.
  11. youngthrasher9

Well, I'm quite decent at reading people and analyzing them. I know fair bit about psychogology.

My dumbass self mentioned in passing that I could do a profile on her. She's not super confident in who she is or why she does things.

Long story short: it's impossible to make a psych profile flattering even if you start with the positive. People only THINK they'd be okay with being analyzed. She was not happy.

I mean I apologized and she kinda forgave me eventually, but she'll remember that.

Konfyouzd likes this.
  12. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

I've been single a few years now, and I'm kinda glad I don't have to deal with batshit insanity, controlling people, and other bullshit that dating involves. I don't date or fool around with anyone either. I don't care to deal with the drama that even something casual like that would entail.

Yes, you are nuts. Why? Because you said "my girlfriend" instead of "my ex girlfriend." That sounds like a major issue just waiting to happen.

13. will_shred

I have a date with a girl I had a huge crush on in high school. We just started talking again recently and it turns out we have a lot in common, we're both really interested in psychology and neurology, and certain areas of philosophy. She also just started recently getting into metal, and I've been showing her bands that she would like. And shes a really good artist. I feel like we really click on an emotional level, had a lot of really great conversations so far. I'm a little worried that she won't feel the same about me, mostly because she's way out of my league in terms of physical appearance. She is (in my opinion) one of the most beautiful women I've ever met, no exaggeration. Whereas I'm pretty average.

I'm not really looking for "advice" because I know what I'm doing. I'm just venting so I can focus on my work. Wish me luck boys.

14. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I know you didn't ask for advice, but here's some anyway: If you're both adults, then "leagues" are not a thing. If you think in those terms, you're setting yourself up for failure. You're either compatible in terms of a partnership or not. Someone who would reject you because of something like "being out of their league" isn't someone you want as a partner in the first place. Or that's my :2c: anyway.

kamello and High Plains Drifter like this.
  15. will_shred

People definitely tend to partner with other people who are about as "attractive" as they are. Even though that's hard to quantify, you can't deny that its a thing. Its just biology.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  16. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

There's also a very low rate of what I'd call "successful" relationships. I mean, yeah, technically "leagues" are a thing that happens, my point was that I think it's not really a healthy basis for a relationship- to each their own, but I'd lose interest in someone who rejected me on that basis.

17. will_shred

I love people for their minds, but there has to be a threshold of physical attraction for me to be interested romantically, and I think its fair to say that's how most people operate, whether they admit it or not.

But anyway, I'm over analyzing it. I really like her, and I hope it can go somewhere.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  18. youngthrasher9

In a turn of events surprisingly not related to my previous blunder, I'm back to the drawing board.

19. Spaced Out Ace

Womp womp womp. Sorry dude.

20. Spaced Out Ace

How did I not comment on this before? If you think like that, that's all you'll attract. You don't need to be an egomaniac, but just don't think of yourself as average.