Shady Strandberg eBay lister

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Custom Title

TL;DR: eBay user in links liable to continually relist same item.

When I messaged them an inquiry following the first auction, they responded with sarcasm and claimed their mother suddenly dying was causing them to relist.

I’ve been wanting to try a Boden Classic Trem; and so made the high bid on this listing:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338014327&icep_item=152923334992

My maximum bid (not visible) was 15% off the new price - I felt this was generous. But the seller cancelled the auction in the last minutes, claiming the item was “unavailable.” Being as this is often done when someone wants a sale for higher than their reserve price (or, worse yet, in a “no reserve” auction advertised as such), I messaged them to ask if they intended to relist the item with a reserve of only 15% or more off the new cost. Their response was that their mother literally just died in the closing minutes of the auction; and that they’d have to relist. Their additional comment asking if I expected their dead mom to ship out the item didn’t exactly convince me. It also doesn’t jive with their positive feedback history in selling guitar gear.

Upon being notified of the item’s relisting, I elected to just watch and post the results:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338014327&icep_item=152934308201

I guess it’s possible that someone (likely on this board) scored a Boden Classic Trem for $959.94 but, considering the manner in which the seller previously blew off a higher offer, I’m expecting to see this sale cancelled and relisted.

While I hope the winning bidder actually ends up with the great deal, the weirdo seller both keeps my hopes low and kept me away from re-bidding.

2. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Does anyone legitimate even sell on eBay anymore? I figured it was just drop shippers, scammers, and people outside the US.

3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire git gud scrub

there are still legit sellers. I got my hellcat vi from a guy off ebay, same with my avenger 8. I've bought a pile of pickups and luthier tools off ebay too.

4. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Custom Title

I tend to double-list on Reverb and eBay when I have something I want to unload more than make a profit on. More often than not, the ebay guitar deals I find are from people either unaware of Reverb or unwilling to list without their ebay transaction number penis.