Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by MikeH, Oct 19, 2013.

1. cardinal

cardinal Strat 7 Guy

It’s an obvious take on the plates like Blackmachine uses, and Blackmachine uses non-recessed hex head screws to hold it on.

Maybe that’s what Schecter should use too if they can’t recess the screws (the hex heads at least won’t snag anything).

To me it’s sloppy looking and you should not see sloppy looking things on a $5k guitar. If the body is too thin to properly execute a useless cosmetic feature: the better course is to NOT DO IT. At least to me.

That said, it wouldn’t stop me from buying one if I otherwise liked the guitar specs. It’s just not a big deal.

2. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

No you just asked if you were being too picky, my answer was that in my opinion you are.

I agree that attention to detail is important I think if you're looking at the pictures close enough to notice that "issue" with the screws, you should also notice that clearly they have paid attention to detail in every other aspect and that the guitars are infect close to flawless.

I personally would say they are flawless and would not count that as a flaw, maybe seeing it in person would change my mind but too me this guitar looks like a work of art. And I am someone who does prefer to buy higher end instruments (Mayones, Gibson, ect) for the very reasons you mentioned

3. cardinal

cardinal Strat 7 Guy

Gibson is a good example for me. I’ve bought some fairly pricey Gibsons. NONE have been flawless. There’s always some niggle I could pick about the binding or paint bleed or whatever. But I don’t care as long as it’s a Les Paul that does what a Les Paul should do.

4. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Yeah I need to take a picture of mine, there is like the tiniest bit of paint on the binding like barely percetible down by the 21st fret, I know some people would return it for that, for me whatever the guitar is still amazing.

cardinal likes this.
  5. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Gibson players tend to say they don't spend big money on a flawless instrument, but on a spectacular sounding one. That's not totally out of mind either. Schecter USA CS tend to make flawless AND great sounding stuff tho.

Dineley likes this.
  6. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Yeah I hope to grab a Schecter USA at some point in the future, could maybe cure my explorer gas at the same time since Schecter does make a nice explorer shape.

7. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

You gotta be very patient for a USA E-1 or V-1 tho

8. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Yeah I can use the waiting time to figure out how to sneak it into the house without the wife noticing.

Zado likes this.
  9. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Well it won't take SO MUCH time :fawk:

10. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular