Schecter Keith Merrow KM7 Mk3. Best 7 string guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by GuitarMegaFan, Mar 19, 2019.

1. GuitarMegaFan

GuitarMegaFan Member

Hello guyz!
    Here’s my review and demo of the Schecter KM7 MKIII if you were into the game of getting a (new) 7 string guitar! ;)

2. GuitarMegaFan

GuitarMegaFan Member

It’s kinda sad that even at 1699€, a guitar still has QC problems.

3. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

I just purchased my 4th one. I had 3 of the Blue Crimson models (all returned) and they all had chipping along the fretboard edges. This 4th one does too but it's the least out of all 4 I've had AND I bought it for $1299 new. The other 3 I owned had multiple issues whereas this one only has one and it's the least irritating.

Sorry to hear about your issues. It's sad to see them screw up one of their most spec'd out models, almost a flagship model, if you will.

GuitarMegaFan likes this.
  4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

It's almost like you have to choose between spec sheet and quality at a certain point. :scratch:

5. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

Yeah, they screwed up on the ratio for this one. My MK-2s, no major problems. My MK-1, no problems. MK-3 TIMES FOUR, all problems. After what point of time do we say Schecter isn't having issues with the first couple of batches but is just genuinely screwing up an otherwise amazing guitar?

6. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Sounds like the Loomis all over again. When those first came out the first year or two was pretty hit or miss. As much as folks loved them, because at the time the market was empty, many had uncrowned frets, janky FR installs, and rough finish work.

And, the Loomis is a pretty basic guitar overall.

When you keep adding complications to production guitars, you're adding potential for problems. Since they need to get something out the door, some problems are overlooked.

Not to say that throwing money at the problem is guaranteed to make it better, but the more money for QA/QC and a more skilled workforce can make a huge difference.

Another example are the Ibanez Iron/Axiom stuff. Impressive spec sheets with unimpressive quality.

So dollar for dollar the choice is simple and high quality or complex and not as high quality.

There are other factors too, but that's the gist of it.

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  7. GuitarMegaFan

GuitarMegaFan Member

I'm glad to read that I'm not the only unlucky guy on earth who had to go through 2 guitars before getting the right one! :)

As for Ibanez Axion : I tested and ordered 3, it's HORSESHIT!!!!