Random pics of your sevens~

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Shawn, Jan 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. 1b4n3z

1b4n3z SS.org Regular

Oh thanks for that! Great resource indeed. I'm not scared to modify a guitar - even an expensive one - but I might just leave this one alone. mainly because there's no need, but also due to rarity of these. However I'm mightily impressed by the playability of these, and the tones I get out of the Double Edge, so I'm definitely seeing myself getting more of piezo equipped Ibbies :)

2. cardinal

cardinal SS.org Regular

Nice stuff on this page!

3. cardinal

cardinal SS.org Regular

Old school hot rod with a new school hot rod
    [​IMG]

4. juwanfidle09

juwanfidle09 SS.org Regular

Just sharing my Legator Ghost loaded with Bare Knuckle Nailbombs. It has flaws but I'm happy with the playability and tone that I am getting from it. :)
    [​IMG]

5. cardinal

cardinal SS.org Regular

^ transformer logos are awesome!

6. Anquished

Anquished hhnice!

That Legator is pretty cool! Nice logo's on the pickups too.

7. Xykhron

Xykhron SS.org Regular

My updated collection of 7s.

[​IMG]

Sorry for crappy phone picture.

8. odibrom

odibrom SS.org Regular

That green wall is changing the guitars' colors...

... nice collection btw...

9. cardinal

cardinal SS.org Regular

Xykhron, nice!

10. m107a1

m107a1 SS.org Regular

April 3rd 2000 built UV777BK. Born again in fire with Lundgren The One 7 pups, full fret level/grind/polish and action job w/ Bourne pots and Dimarzio barrel jack. Total sh!tshow made right...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I bought one of these in summer 2000 and made a huge mistake selling it in 2008. Found a turd I could polish into gold last November. Super happy with the Hipshot Open Locking Tuners!

11. acohall26

acohall26 SS.org Regular

Hey everybody!

This is my first post. A few years ago a video of Hiromi's sonicBLOOM turned up in my facebook feed, and I was hooked—especially on the guitar stylings of David Fiuczynski, who plays a double-neck guitar that has one fretless and one seven-string. The low string on the seven has its own saddle and is not affected by the tremolo system. I got super into Screaming Headless Torsos after that and started planning to build my own seven string.

Before building my seven, however, I was inspired to embrace the tremolo, as I never wanted that kind of sound before; I came up on classic rock and was largely a jamband guy, but I have since expanded my horizons by a lot, and I almost can't stand the jamband thing anymore. So, I installed a Stetsbar on my SG and played that for a while, but I was itching to get my hands on a seven string, and it had to have a tremolo. The problem was, I couldn't find an instrument in my price range that appealed to me aesthetically—everything just seemed to be geared toward metal players, which, though I like metal just fine (currently totally into Intronaut), I didn't want the appearance of my guitar to mislead people. So, I decided to get creative, and I bought an old DeArmond S67, which is an SG ripoff with seven strings and a stoptail/bridge. I stripped the paint and sanding sealer off the body and neck and re-stained everything red, then clear coated over it all. I had hipshot locking tuners put on, a Graphtech nut, a Kahler tremolo system, all new electronics with a true coil tap on the neck pickup and a series/parallel configuration on the bridge pickup, which are Seymour Duncan Jazz and Custom pickups respectively. I even ordered brand new knobs, and, as a kind of joke since I've unintentionally owned several guitars that have had moon inlay, I had a pick guard and truss rod cover made by Dave at Frets on the Net with the name of the Greek goddess of the moon in English and Greek (again, respectively). I even printed an image of an ancient Greek etching of said goddess onto some gelatin paper and put that on the headstock before lacquering.

So, whattaya think? I have some pictures here for ya to take a look. I am having some trouble with the strings getting hung up in the nut because of the tremolo, I think because of the angle to the tuners and the pitch of the headstock. I use Big Bends Nut Sauce, and I even started using coated strings, but the problem remains. I'm thinking of getting a different neck with a straight (or straighter) route to the tuners, but I have only found one place that would make what I need (after admittedly little research), and there is a lot of options that I don't really understand since I'm not a luthier. I also super want that Jericho Fusion 7 with tremolo that they're selling for 1k, but I gotta save some dough.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear your responses! Cheers, mates!

Attached Files:

12. PierreV

PierreV SS.org Regular

Just got my first 7 string and loving it, it's a Woodo GS3 black alder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: Having some trouble getting pictures to show, working on it.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  13. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just need to get two more hangers, and I can get the rest of them up.

14. odibrom

odibrom SS.org Regular

There's something wrong with those pics... they're flipped! :)

15. The Spanish Inquisition

The Spanish Inquisition Unexpected

I don't know if it still is a thing with the new format, but imgur doesn't allow for external linking anymore, so you'll need to do it from some other platform.

Also: I've looked up the model and the specs on it are amazing for the price. Are they any decent?

Edit: oh now they work :scratch:

16. PierreV

PierreV SS.org Regular

It has some beauty issues here and there, like the lacquer not ending in a smooth line along the fretboard, but it has a big beefy neck, which I love in my guitars! plays very good, just need to get used to the feel of a 7, I foresee many a nights honing my skills.:coffee:

I haven't seen a Leftie with an inverted headstock before, looks right and wrong at the same time!:frantic:
    That Flame maple guitar is gorgeous, is it a Mayones?

17. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Yep, Mayones Setius 7.

And I confuse myself sometimes when I look at the strat with the reversed headstock, since its a right-handed neck so the logo is upside down.

18. Romeo Knight

Romeo Knight SS.org Regular

19. odibrom

odibrom SS.org Regular

Please, more info on that Ibanez...

20. sezna

sezna undermotivated

How do you like your shoggie? I'm considering making another financially irresponsible decision soon.