Question to Aristides 060 owners

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Wolfos, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Wolfos

Wolfos SS.org Regular

I could very well look this up myself but I figured it would be faster to ask on here since there's an increasing number of Aristides owners on here.

I want to know from 060 owners what the neck is compatible too. I have looked up the specs on the site and they sound great but not having them available to try is tough.

Would anyone be able to tell me what it feels like, possibly tell me another neck style that it feels really similar too, is it crazy skinny, fat like a baseball bat? Any info would be great as I am trying to build one but don't want to blow all that money and then not jive with the neck.

Thanks in advanced!

2. pott

pott SS.org Regular

It's a soft-C without a huge amount of shoulder. Honestly it just disappears as you play it, which is how I want it: not noticed. I like it very much, though I prefer the neck on my 070 to my 060. Nothing wrong with the 060 neck though.

Wolfos likes this.
  3. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

I have a 070 and I'd say its comparible to the Carvin/Kiesel necks kinda.. maybe a bit thicker and thinner (maybe like a Schecter Keith Merrrow)?? Its quite comfy for the profile. I don't think I'm jiving with the 26.5" scale, so a 060 would work better for me. Great guitars overall though.

4. Wolfos

Wolfos SS.org Regular

That's true. Necks are always a tough question I do know though that some necks to me seem tiny like I could wrap my hand around it twice (my buddies Prestige RGA121) and some are like tree trunks.

I actually like a bit of beef to my necks like a PRS or my Duvell has a subtle but nice junk in its trunk. I just don't get along with the ibanez 6 string necks there too skinny.

5. Thrashman

Thrashman Got Groove?

I have an 060 on the way and have played quite a few extensively before I made up my mind.

The necks are comfortable, they're thin but with a rounded c profile so they feel just right in your hands. Like someone above said "they dissapear" when you play it.

Wolfos likes this.
  6. Wolfos

Wolfos SS.org Regular

Do you mind if i ask how you played them extensively? Are you from Holland?

7. Thrashman

Thrashman Got Groove?

Played a few 060's from owners and I spent some time in their factory a while ago when making my mind up.

8. Wolfos

Wolfos SS.org Regular

And how long did your actual build time take? Are they pretty decent with their schedule?

9. savage

savage SS.org Regular

I had a lambo orange 060 for 6 months before selling it. The neck is comfortable, rounded thin-C like others stated. The arium has some mass; these are not the lightest guitars (despite being thin). In my experience, they were every accurate with their build schedule. I received my guitar within the quoted month, which took 9 months in total.

10. Wolfos

Wolfos SS.org Regular

Any negative reason for selling?

I'm glad there decent with build time. It's going to sound funny but I'm trying to balance payments between Skervesen and Aristides lol I believe that both builds take about 9 months.

11. savage

savage SS.org Regular

Personally, and don't let this be a deterrence for your build, I was just not playing the instrument to justify keeping it. As you're well aware, GAS is a hideous disease. I just found myself gravitating towards my other guitars. Perhaps it was a placebo-effect from realizing the guitar was made with synthetic material, but somewhere in my mind it felt as though the sound was lacking compared to my other guitars.

12. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

I kinda feel the same. Its not the synthetic material for me (thats the main reason I bought one) but I dunno, I play my other guitars which are quite good too, and its tough to justify owning a guitar that is $5000 Canadian (customs kills). Something to think about. I plan on keeping my 070 for at least another year but I dont think it'll be a "forever" guitar for me, but I definitely want to get my moneys worth before selling it cause right now, I'd be losing too much.. It definitely is the best quality I've ever played (including some other big boutique names) but when you have really good quality guitars, the difference between $2000 and $5000 isn't as drastic as you'd imagine.

13. Wolfos

Wolfos SS.org Regular

It's actually why I'm getting a skerv and an Aristides. I couldn't decide if i wanted a beautiful tone wood type guitar or the arium one everyone seems to be raving about. I predict I will favour one over the other and sell the other one. Eventually I'll have a 6 and 7 string of whichever one I like best.

14. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Damn glad i read this I had some extra cash was thinking of ordering never factored in customs making it that much more in Canada. Will stick to the RGA on Kijiji

15. Wolfos

Wolfos SS.org Regular

I just bought a Suhr from the states for i believe around $3500 Canadian and ya the customs fee was close to $600... It sucked

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  16. rifftrauma

rifftrauma Trapped in time...

To hit on your original question of the neck profile, I'll agree that the neck does seem to melt away. I'm a huge PRS pattern thin fan and when I put the CU24 down and pick up the 060 it seems some much easier to play stuff. I haven't much picked up the Daemoness or PRS since the 060 arrived.

17. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

Yeah I'd say my order was roughly $4000 CDN, and I paid about 900ish in customs. Not a cheap purchase! It sucks because theres not a lot of options inside Canada for custom guitars, unless you like a more metal shape like Bowes.. I'd love a Suhr but I dont think it'll ever happen unless I buy used.

I should say though, if you love the specs that come on the Aristides, its probably one of the few guitars I feel is actually worth that price.. I just don't think I dig 26.5" sadly (for 070) and a few other things aesthetically. I might even try to trade for a 060 if it has similar specs, that'd suit me better (although I bought a Catalyst, the "pre" Aristides arium strat.. so might have 6 strs covered)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 4:26 PM
  18. Thrashman

Thrashman Got Groove?

My build isn't done yet, it's due march/april ish. But they should be pretty on time - Pascal is AMAZING to deal with and he will go above and beyond to make sure you know exactly what's going on with the process and build estimates etc.

19. Wolfos

Wolfos SS.org Regular

That's kind of funny. It's the opposite problem i have. I forgot to mention to skervesen that i wanted my 7 string to be 26.5" I just assumed it would be because it seems to be standard now. Anyway it was too late before I mentioned it they had already made it 25.5" which I really didn't want. Who knows maybe if I don't get along with it we can trade if you don't like your 070 with 26.5" scale.

20. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Wow, that's nuts!
    Should have ordered from a dealer in Ontario (Cosmo Music is one, and they have a number of suhr's in stock).