Possible As I Lay Dying Reboot

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Mattykoda, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Jake

Jake GAS Master

Just saw the jackass perform on Sunday at a festival. Spent 10 minutes on stage throwing a temper tantrum because the crowd wouldn't sit down for his instagram photo. Started hurling insults at the crowd and Philly being Philly did what you would expect and began throwing garbage and other projectiles at him along with a fuck you Ronnie chant. He asked "If you aren't here to party what are you here for" which in response an "Underoath" chant followed and he told everyone to go fuck themselves before starting the next song. Thankfully this wasted enough of their set that it was basically over. It was...messy to say the least. But at least Underoath and all of the other bands that day were good :lol:

aesthyrian likes this.
  2. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

I don't like Underoath, but that'd be a fucking savior in that moment. Any video of this diva ass shit? I wanna see Phillies toss garbage at this dumpster fire.

Also, his fucking vocals. What. THE. fuck. Why this dude sing like a shitty musical vocalist? This ain't Broadway, you fake ass wannabe thug.

Compared to...

Staring in my FAYYYYYCE. Does he have some prison dick lodged in his throat or some crap? Dude's hot garbage.

In case it's not clear enough, I seriously cannot stand this idiot.

3. Spaced Out Ace

:lol: :rofl:

Fuck this guy.

aesthyrian, watson503 and cwhitey2 like this.
  4. Jake

Jake GAS Master

There it is! Admittedly I felt kinda bad as my girlfriend was excited to see them but by the end of that even she was like :noplease: and that's not even all of it :lol:

Thankfully Wage War had just played before this so I was fine with whatever happened after anyway :lol:. And A Day To Remember was solid although I understand that's not everyone's cup of tea either.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  5. Uncreative123

Uncreative123 SS.org Regular

From the first link you posted: "Detailed case reports of AS-induced mental disorders are scarce";

No point in following up with the rest as it appears you didn't bother to read or understand what was being said. That pretty much made the point. I found myself debating whether or not to even post it as it's not even a study of any kind. As far as I can tell it's just someone's opinion on a message board. Interesting (sad) that you would quote that as some kind of fact or study- I mean as long as you want to talk about what's REASONABLE or not.

The CDC link is self-explanatory. If you need your hand held to navigate the statistics (not just AS use or vitamin C overdoses, but including everything else) I can't help you.

Your views are nowhere near as relevant as mine, nor as informed. You haven't spent years on the topic, nor countless hours reading study after study. You're just a dink on a guitar forum who thinks we shouldn't rush to judge an attempted murderer and now you're trying to justify your position.

6. Sogradde

Sogradde SS.org Regular

That just means barely any studies were conducted, not that there is no correlation...

squids likes this.
  7. Soya

Soya Not a musician Contributor

Is it lonely up there, on that pedestal?

8. chipchappy

chipchappy SS.org Regular

You seem like such a joy to talk to.

You're a dink as well my friend, we all are! I hope you can get over whatever it is that's making you unhappy.

Steroid use definitely has an impact on your mental state. Tim may have been in an altered state when he made those decisions... but he still chose to take them. Again like I said before, he has every right to try and rebuild what was broken, but everyone else has the right to ignore him.

9. Spaced Out Ace

I'll definitely be ignoring him, and I hope his fake AILD tribute band full of scabs crashes and burns famously. Had he done what Wovenwar did, or hell, even Beartooth even though I think they blow, I'd have a little more respect for a guy who absolutely deserves less than none.

To clarify about Beartooth, they didn't even have something bad happen that necessitated changing the name; they just had a bunch of guys who decided to leave, and all that was left was Caleb Schomo, and he had the sense to change things up. Good on him. As for Wovenwar, I would've supported them continuing on as AILD without Tim, and vowing to never allow him back in the band, but I understand why they changed the name and started a new band in order to completely distance themselves from Tim and his self-destructive crap. All because of his selfish bs, he ruined not only his own life and put someone he claimed to at one time to love, but also his band and family. Doesn't he also have a kid with his ex or something? What would we be saying had the kid gotten up while the hitman was doing his thing? The kid most likely would've been offed to, so it's a good thing this imbecile was involved in a sting op because someone got tipped off.

I just looked before posting, and apparently they had three kids they adopted.

10. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

^ Mine! I claim this as my new signature line, based on the unwritten laws of internet forum usage and all that is holy and sacrosanct. You will get a proper citation. ;)

aesthyrian, sirbuh, Nlelith and 4 others like this.
  11. Spaced Out Ace

In the fine print, it says Uncreative123 will get no credit whatsoever.

12. MFB

MFB ExBendable

[​IMG]

bpprox22, Nlelith, USMarine75 and 2 others like this.
  13. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

Firstly, I'm going to see what he puts together. If it's good, I'll listen to it. I'm not going to deprive myself of what could potentially be pleasing to my mind just because some guy is/was a dickbag. I didn't do that with Lovecraft, didn't do that with any black metal bands I listen to, and I'm damn sure not going to do it here. If it's good, it's good. If it sucks, it sucks.

Secondly, this is my "fuck you" retaliation to anyone who thinks I'm less of a person just because I'm separating music from the source. It's your opinion and your right to feel the way you do, just as it's my right to feel as I do about it. Newsflash: If you knew everyone's dirty little secrets behind all your favorite people, businesses, and entities that provide you with entertainment, you'd have little to entertain yourself with. The only difference here, this fucker got caught. It was reported while some others may have gotten off scot-free for similar or worse.

Personally, I'd like to know what some members here have hiding in their closets. If you're squeaky clean, good for you, but I'm willing to bet some here aren't nearly as innocent as they'd like everyone to think they are.

What Tim did is reprehensible, no doubt about it. There's no defending what he's done. But if he comes out of this and ends up being a changed person who turns his life around, I'd be more than willing to give him a second chance.

couverdure likes this.
  14. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

I'm right with you, buddy: May those of this community who have never tried to murder their wife cast the first stone.

Hypocrites, the lot a ya.

aesthyrian and HeHasTheJazzHands like this.
  15. PunkBillCarson

I thank you for your effort even though it addressed ONE point of my post. Ducked the rest, I see.

16. marcwormjim

I didn't know I was obliged. If you can forgive Lambesis, I hope you can forgive me, too.

HeHasTheJazzHands likes this.
  17. PunkBillCarson

What do I have to forgive him for? He's done nothing to me. It's not my place to forgive him for anything. It's also not my place to forgive you for your unwillingness to intelligently engage in conversation.

18. marcwormjim

Look, it's not you - It's me. Maybe one of those ladies leaning against the wall wants to dance.

19. PunkBillCarson