Possible As I Lay Dying Reboot

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Mattykoda, Sep 10, 2017.

1. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

[​IMG]

One of my favorite albums of all time. YMMV.

Mathemagician likes this.
  2. Lemons

Lemons SS.org Regular

Wow, what an articulate response. Good job.

Mike, Anquished and USMarine75 like this.
  3. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Oh for sakes' fuck.

4. Corusal

Corusal SS.org Regular

IMO he served his time and is picking up his job again which just happens to being a musician. Thats his right and if people want to support him by buying his music, so be it.

That being said, I certainly won't buy his new stuff... There are a lot of mentally unstable people out there who do not try to kill their wife.

couverdure and Anquished like this.
  5. Corusal

Corusal SS.org Regular

But I guess you could do worse than asking him to do guest vocals on your bands new song... you know, publicity & stuff....:lol:

6. Uncreative123

Uncreative123 SS.org Regular

Really? You can't? Or is it that you view attempted murder on the same level as any other felony and you cannot understand why others don't? That's a very reductionist viewpoint. I'm truly jealous that your mind works that way.

First you need to understand that murder convictions carry very different sentences for a reason. There is a difference between murder "in the heat of the moment", manslaughter, and premeditated murder. Guess which one carries the harshest of penalties (usually including life in prison; results may vary depending on the state).
    What tim did was well thought out and orchestrated over a period of time. He gave the CI money and access codes to the house. It's a very far reach for an attorney to even attempt to bring "mental state" into question for something that took place over the course of days, weeks, months. This wasn't some spur of the moment situation where he snapped. He's a shitlord, his family still lives in fear, and the fact that anyone dismisses it so quickly is offensive and ignorant.

HeHasTheJazzHands likes this.
  7. Drezik27

Drezik27 SS.org Regular

The thing most concerning to me....he's already remarried? what the fuck?

EDIT: Just read the story he was dating the girl before he got arrested. Still. Crazy to me.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  8. Lemons

Lemons SS.org Regular

Alright I'll lay it out. I actually view ongoing steroid abuse (and possibly other drugs, I'm not sure about that one but I recall reading it a while ago), which has strong research linking it to declining mental health and stability as a potential mental illness. Mental illness isn't spur of the moment, so I don't draw a distinction between in the heat of the moment and premeditated in this case. What I'm really trying to say is that if he was experiencing mental health issues, and has since recovered from them after serving prison time then why continue persecuting him, or even the idea of people being willing to work with him?

Yes I understand that this is all based on him being mentally ill, which is actually up for debate.

9. KailM

KailM SS.org Regular

Liking music =/= liking the people that create it. If he's able to pull it off and actually create music worthy of the AILD name, then more power to him. I used to like the band, but kinda lost interest in the direction they went on later albums. I listen to black metal and some of those characters have done far worse than what Tim did (actual murder and burning historical landmarks (churches). I don't have to like or agree with anything they have done, but I can still appreciate their music. Most of the time, these are simply the acts of immature, misguided youth.

I try not to judge people because I'm not perfect myself. Tim did serve his time, and if he truly does want to put the past behind him -- then I say give him a second chance if you're into the music. It doesn't excuse what he did -- but at some point you have to ask yourself, at what point can someone be forgiven? If they're sincerely sorry, have served a sentance, and agree to change their ways, what's the point in continuing the condemnation?

Ivars V, Corusal, Anquished and 2 others like this.
  10. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Having a bunch of ringers is basically a tribute or cover band.

11. Corusal

Corusal SS.org Regular

What I don't get is why he's trying to revive AILD instead of just starting a new thing. Sure, AILD is an established brand but I think as of now you could say the same about Tim himself, especially after the whole 'hiring-a-hitman" thing. Plus starting a new band would probably trigger less drama than if he tries to restart AILD.

Even after (or maybe because of) what he did I guess a new band would be more successful than Wovenwar in no time, just because of his name being attached to it. People do love controversy.

12. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

i thought his old band mates were still making music and touring under the aild name last i saw with a different singer.

edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_I_Lay_Dying_(band)

Lambesis' release, Future of the band (2016–present)
    Lambesis was released from prison on probation in December 2016.[57] Earlier within the year, Mancino did an interview primarily discussing Wovenwar, but also spoke about As I Lay Dying.[8] He stated that, contrary to popular beliefs, that Hipa, Sgrosso and Gilbert are still technically a part of As I Lay Dying due to their record contract.[8] On Father's day 2017, the bands Facebook page made a post with only one word in it, "Activity", possibly stating that the band might be returning.[58] On September 2, 2017, Metal Injection reported that Tim Lambesis was working on new music and planned to release it under the As I Lay Dying moniker. None of the previous members will return, including Mancino, making Lambesis be the only remaining member of the band since its formation back in 2000

13. Uncreative123

Uncreative123 SS.org Regular

Your VIEW is irrelevant and inconsequential. There is absolutely zero research, let alone "strong research" (whatever that is) linking steroid use to declining mental health. That claim is absurd. It's those kind of ignorant statements and conjecture that perpetuate such myths- which in turn allow for BOGUS defense cases. "It wasn't me....it was steroids!"
    Show me the link to your "study" and then I'll direct you to dozens of TRT ads that get played on the radio and you can ask yourself "How is this legal if it's so dangerous?" Spoiler alert: It's not.
    More people are admitted to the hospital for Vitamin C overdoses than "steroid use".
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/emergency-department.htm

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    chipchappy likes this.
  14. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

Yeah Nah. That guy is going to try to murder his new wife too. Mark my words.

15. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

Pretty funny video if you ask me, and I agree with all the points he mentioned in the video (separating art from the artist, no crime is better than the other, roid rage can't be possible if he had planned it for a longer time, etc.).

16. Lemons

Lemons SS.org Regular

Alright I'm done arguing with someone who clearly can't take part it a reasonable debate. My views happen to be just as relevant as yours, but since you asked for research here goes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8534221
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/05/130520094836.htm
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15984895
    http://www.the-rheumatologist.org/article/when-steroids-cause-psychosis/?singlepage=1
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4462035/

You got me, the word "strong" might have been overstepping a little. With cases such as this there is a gap in controlled studies as ethics requires that researchers cannot induce symptoms, but the studies show that I'm not just making baseless claims. While we're on the subject of evidence, what are you trying to show with your link to the CDC site? What does rates of hospitalisation have to do with anything? Also your "gotchya" point about vitamin C overdoses is possibly the irrelevant point you've made so far.

17. aesthyrian

aesthyrian SS.org Regular

Sweet, they can tour with Falling in Reverse and be the ex-con tour. For all the classy kids.

18. Spaced Out Ace

Maybe the new version of Scabs I Lay Dying can open for them. Scabs of course being the term for a bunch of people who, for instance, take over when a place of business has an employee strike.

19. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

Thank you for reminding me that Ronnie Radke was jailed between the ETF album he was in and FIR's debut, but to be fair the fight he was in that ended up shooting an innocent person wasn't entirely his fault because he wasn't the shooter. That doesn't changed his douchebaggery though because skipping his parole services for the incident is was made him jailed for a few years and he has done quite a lot of trouble after that (like kicking out I See Stars for doing weed on tour and injuring a person by throwing a mic stand).

aesthyrian likes this.
  20. Spaced Out Ace

I loved when Fronz called him out for throwing a mic stand at a girl... then Fronz totally acted like it was A-Okay and went on tour with the fucking reprobate.

This piece of garbage also was arrested for domestic violence towards his girlfriend at the time in 2012, and skipped court on three occasions about the incident.

And thanks to Ronnie's mic stand incident, Six Flags Great Adventure have banned any future concerts at their theme parks from hard rock or metal bands. Whomever broke this clown into the industry needs to get blackballed.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    aesthyrian likes this.