Positive Grid Summer Sale

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by armand, Jun 20, 2018.

1. armand

armand SS.org Regular

So they seem to have a sale now.
    40 USD off for Bias FX Pro which then comes with the Bass expansion and another 30 USD off for the Metal expansion. I searched the internets far and wide and nobody seems to be talking about this. So, yay or nay? Why? Thanks!

2. PBGas

PBGas SS.org Regular

Probably because there are quite a few other better sounding solutions out there. These guys will not be getting another $ from me. The app was riddled with bugs. At one point they had 20 different products in the market and the updates were lousy and ill timed. I simply gave up on the product and moved to something else. Some folks seem to like it and it works well for them.

3. armand

armand SS.org Regular

Fair enough. I actually ended up with an Engl Powerball model from Amplitube CS and a PRS Archon model from Waves. I was somewhat interested with the Randall Satan model from Bias but there wasn't any way to demo it so oh well, too bad.

4. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

I bought the original bias amp/FX for PC, simply put, it was a mistake.

5. Avedas

Avedas SS.org Regular

Thankfully I never gave any money to Positive Grid, but I had the Bias FX Lite version from buying my Scarlett 2i2. I think their actual engineers who build the sound engines are pretty decent but I'm pretty sure they have interns write their front end. The desktop app is actually such a piece of shit. I had to file a very detailed bug report after one update release because the patch search would quite literally only take regular expressions (how in the fuck???). The UI would often hang up and buttons wouldn't work properly lmao

PBGas likes this.
  6. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

7. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

The iOS apps are a piece of shit now too. They don't give a shit. The more they started to do, the worse everything became. They need to just go away.

PBGas likes this.
  8. Elric

Elric SS.org Regular

I like PG’s stuff a lot and think that is a good deal. I’ve never paid full price for anything they have done they always run some kind of sale... It is popular to dog pile anything they do here.

The new B2 amps with the Celestion stuff is killer for the $$$ and FX is a very good value and it is by far the best solution for iOS, IMHO. I really like porting sounds between the PC and mobile with it, it is really the only thing that does it... YMMV.

9. Avedas

Avedas SS.org Regular

I think the next worst part after their UI design is their marketing. Just throwing a bunch of money at somewhat big name artists to have them say good things about their products when those people are obviously not actually using them.

10. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

Really? I love their iOS apps. Bias FX especially with OH IRs sounds just amazing. Why do you say that?

11. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

Let me help you out:

http://kazrog.com/products/thermionik/

Much better. Cheaper. Don't need to be updated every single week.

12. Crimsonghost

Crimsonghost SS.org Regular

I personally love PG and have never had any issues excluding one right after I upgraded to a new laptop and they responded and fixed the issue in >12 hours.

I’ve been using them since the explorer program rolled out. I don’t actually use bias amp anymore but just bias fx and have no problems dialing in great tone. I’ve used lepou,IK, yadda yadda and while those all have great tones i I just feel like this is the most complete. The tuner on iPad/phone sucks ass but on desktop seems to work well even though I just use my daws built in.

Just my 2¢