Please allow me to introduce myself...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bquinn85, Dec 12, 2017.

1. bquinn85

bquinn85 SS.org Regular

Greetings and salutations! I'm Ben from the bustling metropolis of de-e-e-p southeast Texas. I have a BA in music theory, I'm a desktop support/systems administrator for a local software developer, and I've been playing guitar for almost 22 years solid! I've been with my wife for almost 8 years now and we have a soon to be 14 year old daughter, 4 cats, and 2 dogs. About 5 years ago, I was in a work accident that resulted in the loss of the business end of my left index finger. Thankfully, my very supportive wife gave me a nylon strung Bradley guitar the Christmas before so about 9 months after my accident, I was learning how to play again. I'm nowhere near what i used to be, but I still have fun with it and I'm looking to upgrade my gear to maybe start recording and (M A Y B E) even start gigging again! Looking forward to shooting the breeze with all you folks. Cheers!

cwhitey2 likes this.
  2. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

3. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Please to meet you.
    Won't you guess my name?

There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here when it comes to recording. I do recordings, but I really don't know much about it. I hope you enjoy it here. If you need anything, please reach out.

:wavey:

4. bquinn85

bquinn85 SS.org Regular

Oh absolutely! I used to record and gig quite a bit back in college and in my early 20s, and I'd like to get into it again! I played in jazz bands and rock bands and stuff like that (and have always been a metal fan,) but lately I've been REEEEEEEEALLY been getting into djent and progressive, so who knows!!! Thanks!

bostjan likes this.