Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by schwiz, Sep 22, 2017.

1. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

I’m using 3D (also called Force) Touch to shoot. So I can use my right thumb to look around but then when I apply a little more pressure I shoot; you can also hold your thumb down with more pressure to shoot full auto. There’s still the fire button on the left side of the screen when you’re using 3D Touch though so you can stand still and get real precise when trying to snipe. It’s really fluid and makes shooting while moving considerably easier. I’m really hyped for the North American release!!

steinmetzify likes this.
  2. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Ah, I get it now! Assuming the scope/ADS is a separate button as well?

Dude I’d grab this just to not be hooked to a computer all the time. I’d play it in malls waiting for my wife or on the deck smoking lol

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  3. QuantumCybin

Yep! Rewatch the video and you’ll see a crosshair button on the right side of the screen; that’s the ADS button. So you can click that and still move with left thumb, aim and shoot simultaneously with the right thumb. It felt a tiny bit awkward for a few minutes when I first used the 3D Touch option but now I’d never go back; it’s super intuitive. I really like you can adjust how much pressure you need to apply as well, since everyone is different. I’m hoping they push out a US release within a week or so. Even if it is a patch behind, I’d kill to have a ping that isn’t 250-300ms :lol:

The friend and clan system is fantastic, I’ll have to make a clan when the US release happens and get some of us SS.org people onboard to run squads :hbang:

I mentioned that the game is free, right??

steinmetzify likes this.
  4. steinmetzify

Nah, hadn’t mentioned that either! Definitely getting this!

QuantumCybin likes this.
  5. QuantumCybin

Hell yeah, man. Probably the best phone game I've ever played; my buddy and I haven't touched our PS4's hardly at all since we started playing this :lol:

6. steinmetzify

Nice! What’s the app size? You think it’d run on an iPhone 6s?

7. QuantumCybin

Unbelievably, the app is 908.1 MB, with documents and data taking up another 200 mb. So all together it’s about 1.1 gigs.

Fortnite Mobile is around 2 gigs.

And yeah, it’ll definitely run on a 6S. A review I read on Eurogamer was done on a regular 6. I have a 7 Plus and I can run it on high settings, high framerate (so 30 FPS), with anti aliasing and it doesn’t stutter at all.

8. steinmetzify

Right on, stoked to try it!

9. steinmetzify

10. steinmetzify

So that never happened before...

11. QuantumCybin

Mobile is now released for both Android and iOS in the USA!

12. steinmetzify

Aw fuck, I just quit for the night...

QuantumCybin likes this.
  13. QuantumCybin

The Chinese version is currently one patch ahead; I’m thinking this is how it’ll be. Patches roll out on the original Chinese version and then come to the English one. So as of right now the China version is 0.4, the English is at 0.3. So right now there’s no shooting range, mentorship program, “quick battle” mode, 3D Touch shooting, etc. Oh, and characters start off in underwear and there’s red blood! No more Chinese censorship!! Haha

That being said, my ping never goes over 100ms anymore so fuck yeah I’m sticking with the English version :lol:

steinmetzify likes this.
  14. steinmetzify

71C585AF-ECF1-469C-A38D-ED6CF35792ED.jpeg

Don’t know that I’ll stick with it, was decent though for sure. Aim assist helps, whole game was pretty intuitive, actually. Think I need a way bigger phone tho...only died to the blue, no one even touched me lol

Giant battery hog tho; was on 27% when I started, played 6 minutes max, was on 1%.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  15. QuantumCybin

Oh yeah, game eats battery like nothing. The controls are really surprisingly fluid for a mobile game; I got an invite to the Fortnite Mobile beta and the controls on there are absolutely horrible...I know it’s the first beta but man, the game is laggy, controls are just awkward and clumsy, and trying to use the joystick to strafe left and right is so unnecessarily difficult!

16. steinmetzify

Dude I’m reading that the first few games you play the other people are bots?

17. QuantumCybin

Yup, first match you play in any game mode is 100% bots. They do that to familiarize people with the game and also to encourage noobs to want to play more since they might not want to if they get their asses kicked immediately. As you rank up, the bots gradually disappear. I’m at silver IV right now in solo and there’s only a small handful of bots; on the Chinese version I was at gold III and I stopped seeing bots.

There’s a petition to get rid of bots all together, which I would like, but I’m not sure that’ll happen.

steinmetzify likes this.
  18. steinmetzify

19. QuantumCybin

First chicken dinner on Mobile?? Was it a good one?

Most recent one I had was pretty damn lucky; I got to the middle of the circle pretty early on and chilled in a house. Picked off a handful of people with my 8x scope M4 and the circle centered on me for almost the whole match. Came down to me and another guy and he was circling the outside of the house. I shot him once from a window and immediately ran to the front door. I heard him pull the pin on his grenade and bum rushed him and caught him with his pants down :lol:

[​IMG]

I had another game before that where I broke my record for most kills in a game. I’m sure a couple of them were bots but I was already in silver ranks by this point:

[​IMG]

Silenced M4 is life.

20. QuantumCybin

I gotta break down my thought process during this two minute situation lol. I had tried throwing a grenade into the little room the guy was in and missed. My last grenade, too. I was afraid he was going to come out and try to rush me so I ran up to the building and for the first time ever since playing PUBG Mobile I actually used a flash bang appropriately :lol:

Then, I hop into the building and find another grenade. Great. I go upstairs, check to make sure I’m in the circle, and I stare at the wall to check outside the window to my left when I see dude man’s gun slightly sticking out from the wall. I’m totally thinking I’ll win with a grenade kill. Somehow, I have no idea how, he survives. So, I take out my SCAR and shoot his back and OF COURSE he’s got a fucking frying pan on his back! Thankfully he was stupid and just blindly ran out and I ended it with a headshot :lol: Chicken Dinner #6 for me in solo.