Player Unknown Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by schwiz, Sep 22, 2017.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire gearwhoricus americanus

Tried the new map a couple of minutes ago in solo 1stperson. VERY wide open with lots of rolling hills and clustered buildings. got 4th because my dumbass took too long trying to grab some extra first aids. The vaulting feels good, definitely opens up a lot more opportunities for getting into and out of buildings. The DP28 blows but the new sidearms are sweet (double barrel/rhino pistol).

Anquished likes this.
  2. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Vaulting does feel good, wish it was faster tho. I feel REALLY exposed for a really long time getting over things lol

3. KnightBrolaire

yeah they could speed it up a bit. It feels like it takes longer to vault over waist high barriers than it did to jump over them

4. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Anyone play it on Xbox One yet? I hear it’s, well, janky as hell.

5. steinmetzify

I haven’t. Watched a couple short vids of it.

StoneMountain did a review; his seemed to run ok after he landed and was moving but the rendering was terrible until then.

6. KnightBrolaire

considering it's still not that well optimized on PC I'd hate to see how it runs on the potato4

7. Mike

Mike The Traveler

Its terribly laggy one XB1 and the interactions don't seem to be all there. Picking up items is kind of hit or miss like the game doesn't realize where your cursor is and that you pressed x 200 times. Also sprinting fails sporadically where it'll just put you back to walking then you engage sprinting again and repeat. Pretty sure it's tied to the steady stream of lag spikes.

8. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Janky is an understatement, I tried it on an Xbox One X and it was horrendous :lol:

EDIT: That thumbnail is gold :rofl:

Anquished and Masoo2 like this.
  9. Anquished

Anquished hhnice!

Those texture pop-in's remind me of that mod you can get for Skyrim which massively downgrades the textures. :lol:

10. steinmetzify

Jumped in with some noobs last night in a squad; they rushed a house and all went down. I killed everyone, picked em all up and they treated me like a god for the rest of the night lol. We ended up 3rd and I couldn’t believe how happy they were. Cracked me up.

KnightBrolaire likes this.
  11. steinmetzify

Vault Dude has a Discord server, monster amount of people in there all the time looking for squads, duos etc...it’s a good time and they all speak English. Looking for games check it out. Way more fun than random squads if you don’t have friends that play.

12. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

I have it on PC and play with buddies every now and then. I'm pretty hot garbage but I killed a few people on Friday and felt pretty great! I think I prefer playing in first person. Not sure if it's all in my head but I find it easier to for shooting even though you go to FP when you aim.

13. KnightBrolaire

there's some big advantages to playing 1st person, like how people can't peek over hills/around corners/from behind trees like they can in 3rd person and it makes it way easier to sneak up on people. I pretty much only play 1st person anymore, unless my friends want to play 3rd.

steinmetzify likes this.
  14. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

Uninstalled PUBG for Xbox One S because of the issues mentioned previously. I don't think my standards are that high. The game is simply unplayable with the constant lag, non-responsiveness to button clicks, and graphics.

(Subjective remark incoming)

On another note, I don't think PUBG is a very enjoyable game to play anyway. I do like watching highlights from it though. While the gunfights are exciting (at the end), everything leading up to the end of the game is just boring. You spend 90% of the game looting and 10% actually shooting people (on average). That last 10% is amazing but I don't think it's worth the amount of time you spend just finding more loot and going to the next circle. Other players hide until they have level three everything. I'm not a gaming elitist but I think it's just too slow-paced for my tastes.

15. steinmetzify

Agreed...seems to make it a little more realistic; if dude wants to peek me over a rock or something he actually has to get his head over said rock and I have a chance to see him too....seems like it’s more of a ‘line of sight’ thing than just random BS where people not even looking for you can see you.

16. steinmetzify

Man...just ran two squad matches.

First one 3 of us died almost immediately...last guy went on to win the whole thing. Dude was amazing to watch, he was doing all the right things, spotting people, drinking boosts while spinning in a 360 so no one could sneak up on him etc...

Second match we picked up two new guys, then me and the winner from the last one. Dude went on to rack up like 15 kills and we won again.

Checked his stats; dude has played 18 games total, top 10 13 times with 5 wins. His K/D was like 8.90.

On the one hand I’m stoked I picked up two wins, on the other hand, fuckin cheaters....

17. steinmetzify

Grabbed a Steam controller....half controller, half mouse. See if I can get used to this thing...took a few to set the bindings but I’ve got a workable setup.

18. steinmetzify

Steam controller is working. Played 5 games, got a least one kill every game if not two or three. Damn this thing rocks.

19. KnightBrolaire

20. steinmetzify

Nice man!

KnightBrolaire likes this.