Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by lava, Feb 9, 2010.

1. lava

lava Gelatinous

SUPER-HANDSOME MOD EDIT: A whole bunch of threads have been merged to create the official megathread for all Periphery/Bulb-related news, queries and topics. As awesome as Bulb might be, the amount of threads relating Bulb/Periphery is getting out of hand, so from now on any Periphery/Bulb-related stuff goes in here. Anyone who posts or bumps a Periphery/Bulb-related thread in General Music that the mods deem unworthy of its own thread gets a warning and their thread gets merged - if they do it again it's a one-day ban and the thread gets deleted. (Note: none of that applies to Bulb, he can post what he wants.) We'll keep the thread title updated to reflect the latest news/discussion points, so don't worry about your unique and original perspective about which Periphery singer is the best getting lost in the fray.

Just got back from this show - awesome!!!

I ended up having nice chats with both Misha and Tosin, and I even got to play Misha's Blackmachine (not the new one, the old one)! Tosin dished a little on his plans for the next album. I will keep that a secret and let him fill the rest of you in if he wants to. I also got to meet Periphery's new singer, Spencer, at the merch stand. Very cool guy! He told me that he had bronchitis and wouldn't be singing. Now I have heard the sample clip on Periphery's Myspace page, and personally I think he's the best singer they've had so far, but as a closet instrumental music freak I have to admit I was thrilled about this!

The sets from both Periphery and AAL were unreal, one of the best shows I've seen in years. And it was an absolutely tiny place, so I got to watch all the shredding fingers up close. And they played Buttersnips! Did I mention it was instrumental?? Hell yeah!:hbang:

2. Wookieslayer

Wookieslayer OOOAAARWWWRR

Last night in Hollywood was awesome! Spencer sang / screamed thru the entire set the best he could. It was great despite his sickness. The whole band was tight and put on a great show! I didn't get a chance to meet Misha or the others tho =P maybe next time

3. Plankis

Plankis SS.org Regular

Vids or it didn't happen.

DVRP likes this.
  4. right_to_rage

right_to_rage Avant Temporal

I've been scouring youtube for good vids for a while too lol

5. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

Spencer sang a little during the LA show which was a surprise because he sounded pretty hoarse when my friend and I were talking to him, great show though and I'm definitely stoked to hear the full versions of the songs after hearing him in Eyes of Oedipus :metal:

AAL fucking slayed too; the dude behind me had never heard of them before and spent the entire set going "oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck!" :lol:

6. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

thanks dudes glad you enjoyed the shows! it was good meeting you lava!

ah sorry dude, i was at the merch table for a bit we must have missed each other (went out for that awesome pizza just up the street, so good!)

lava likes this.
  7. FacelessUnknown

FacelessUnknown Nihilist

I was there too! i was in the front for most of the show. i talked to tosin a little bit about the agile he had on stage in the back. I guess it was Navene's? Bulb, you and your band mates have awesome gear.

Everyone played such a solid set last night, thats for damn sure

8. fferreira

fferreira SS.org Regular

is there any footage of Casey Sabol live?
    with periphery?

i just cant find it...!

9. Cynic

Cynic Bored Stiff

They're on YouTube, but the videos are private. Plus, the quality isn't that great.

10. Cheesebuiscut

Cheesebuiscut Loves his Q-tuners

Theres a few one was posted on here but it was freaking annoying because all you could hear was the audiences awful out of tune singing.

11. polloymedio

polloymedio yamyamyam

i have a couple of vids with periphery i havent uploaded from a couple of years back, ill see if I upload it within this week :)

12. lava

lava Gelatinous

Buttersnips (aka "Margarine Cuts") from the SF show:

I'm in this vid, albeit only as a shadow.

13. DarkRaven03

DarkRaven03 SS.org Regular

I was at this show as well, Periphery and AAL absolutely killed it. I also talked to Spencer for a good hour or so at the merch table and hung out with the rest of the guys afterwards. Misha, it was awesome getting to see you guys finally. Hopefully Spencer and Alex get better soon! (Alex is sick now too I think?)

14. splinter8451

splinter8451 SS.org Regular

Man I am sooo bummed I am not gonna get to see a show on this tour! :squint:

AAL and Periphery need to play a show together somewhere in the DC area.

That sucks that Spencer got sick, I am sure a lot of people were looking forward to hearing him live on this tour.

Hopefully he gets better soon!

15. ultranoob

ultranoob SS.org Regular

what order do the bands play? I can only catch one of the shows for the first hour .:noway: :squint:

16. lava

lava Gelatinous

At the SF show the order was Periphery, Circle of Contempt, Animals as Leaders, Veil of Maya.

17. Wookieslayer

Wookieslayer OOOAAARWWWRR

I went upstairs to the merch before veil of maya, you must have been at that pizza place when i went. I've eaten there before and burned the top of my mouth with the hot cheese! tho it is good pizza :lol: My fault tho, I shoulda came back after the show! My ride had a midterm the next morning so he was anxious to take off after veil of maya:rolleyes: Next time I'll make sure to grab a got djent tshirt from ya!

towards the end I ran upfront and screamed along to icarus lives and the walk! :hbang: I was the bozo with long hair flingin all over the place wearing the Vildhjarta tee... maybe u saw me? :wavey:

18. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Hey guys!!
    We posted another track from our debut album, a lot of you guys may know this one, its called "The Walk"
    You can hear it here:
    www.myspace.com/periphery

We also finally have album preorder packages going as well!
    This is your opportunity to get the limited double disc version of the album where the second disc is the Instrumental version as we will not have that version in stores!
    http://www.merchconnectioninc.com/collections/periphery

Im really excited about this guys, haha this is finally happening, its been like 5 years in the making, i cant believe its finally coming out!!!

Enjoy guys!

19. Clocks

Clocks SS.org Regular

Woooooooooot!

20. Triple7

Triple7 The Decepticon

well damn I feel like a doosh now:ugh::lol:

mods please feel free to delete my thread!