Parkway Drive - Reverence

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by 7 Dying Trees, May 29, 2018.

1. groverj3

groverj3 Biologist/Guitarist

I didn't hate this. Which is surprising for music from a band I associated with the swoopy-haired emokids in early 00s high school. The kids who hated every other kind of "metal," wouldn't refer to this as such, and only listened to this and pop-punk. Man, that takes me back :lol:

Anyway, kudos to this band for branching out a bit.

2. Hellbound

Hellbound €£¥€£¥€£¥€£•

Yes "Wishing Wells" definitely sets off the whole album. "In Blood" is another incredible song...especially that powerful breakdown towards the end of the song...heck most all of the songs have that one huge breakdown that is truly tasteful. I just ordered it from amazon and cannot wait to jam to it in my truck. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  3. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    Spot on, I've tried earlier stuff, but it just reminds me of cookie cutter metalcore done jut about well enough to sell records. Just does not do it for me.

So I've been really surprised how much I like this album.

4. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

I haven't listened to this band since like 2009, but Wishing Wells sounds like it came of an In Flames album 15 years ago so that's cool.

5. duffbeer33

duffbeer33 ..working on my mix Contributor

I love Horizons, but also loved Deep Blue. They've definitely changed their sound a lot over the years towards the arena rock element. Dating all the way back to "Idols and Anchors" off Horizons, I think somewhere along the way they realized that they had more fun having the audience since the melodies with them, rather than barking lyrics off the stage like most metalcore bands tend to do. While I don't really like their newer stuff, I can see why they did it. They seem like adrenaline junkies based on their love of surfing...clearly they want to have a big party every time they take the stage, and their years of adolescent rage and breakdowns are likely behind them. It is pretty easy to see the evolution with songs like "Wild Eyes" becoming big sing-alongs, then Ire having that 80's rock anthem vibe, etc.

6. shred-o-holic

shred-o-holic SS.org Regular

Deep Blue is their very best IMO. I haven't liked Ire and that video in this thread earlier sounds so different than their past stuff.....kinda meh....have to look into the cd....