Padalka guitars

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by thinkpad20, Mar 16, 2016.

1. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

Welcome to the forum Strangers; post up some of your specs without giving too much away :cheers:

2. strangers

strangers SS.org Regular

Thanks! :cheers:

So, still in discussion as to what top, although right now I'm between a natural burled maple and painted flame top.

Other than that:

25.5"-27" scale
    Macassar Fingerboard with Maple binding
    Luminlay side dots
    Mahogany Body
    7 piece Wenge/Mahogany Neck
    BKP Rebel Yell Set
    Compound radius
    Black Hipshot hardware
    Wood knobs/plates/bobbin covers (still debating wood, leaning toward Wenge)

3. DudeManBrother

Right on man, sounds great! I'm excited to see what Simon can do this year. I am really fighting the urge to just order a Saturn but I want to hold out until I hear the verdict on the Ennea SC headless I want built

4. strangers

strangers SS.org Regular

Yeah I can understand that. I really love both the Saturn and the Ennea. I was heavily considering a Wenge topped Saturn for this build. I think my next guitar purchase is going to be headless, and am definitely interested to see how that SC comes out, if he moves forward with it. It's tough not to jump on that open queue though.

5. DudeManBrother

Indeed it is, but luckily I've got a Neptune making its way to me right now so that'll hold me over for a while :lol:

strangers likes this.
  6. jjcor

jjcor SS.org Regular

Im in for a Space 7 build! Couldn't resist. These guitars are beautiful!

MoonJelly, DudeManBrother and narad like this.
  7. Grand Rabbit

Grand Rabbit SS.org Regular

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet but if you look on his website this is titled "Neptune - Doom" lol.

8. DudeManBrother

My Padalka is officially missing after being shipped over a month ago. Simon just emailed me saying he’s refunding me. I’m pretty fucking bummed out

9. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire grossly incandescent

Damn that sucks, sure it isn't being held up in customs or something? I had some stuff i ordered from china a while back that took 6 months to finally show up.

10. DudeManBrother

Due to the shipping method, there should’ve been an update that it was received by U.S. Customs. It cleared Russian customs 4 weeks ago and basically vanished. Simon opened a search through Russia, I did one state side, and neither of us have heard anything since. As a registered USPS business customer, I get all kinds of updates for all mail and packages; but nobody has any knowledge of this parcel.
    I’m still holding out 10% hope that it’ll be found state side and he can accept the money again so I can have my guitar; but he said he’d rather just refund me at this point. He has a certain timeframe where the shipping insurance will run out too I’m sure. Either way it totally sucks.

11. MoonJelly

MoonJelly a subtle stinging sensation..

Wow, that's tragic. Hope you have some good fortune and get it after all.

Also, that's really good of Simon to refund you. Solid dude.

12. DudeManBrother

Yeah really solid guy for sure. We were talking last night, as he was inquiring about wire transfer info. He told me EMS canceled shipping insurance last year; so the whole refund is out of his pocket, and he just hopes that it never left Russia and gets back to him to resell for recouping.
    So I told him I'm cool with waiting it out longer. He has no deadline because there's nothing to claim, and it's not his fault, so I'm just going to ride it out. I don't want the money. I want the guitar! He contacted me about the refund because he felt it was the right thing to do. That's one hell of a guy and someone I want to do business with again.
    I just hope it doesn't take 6 months, and isn't destroyed when it finally surfaces.

meta4 and BlackMastodon like this.
  13. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Yeah, Simon is on his game. Hopefully we’ll see others like him in the future. Lord knows 10 years ago everyone made off with our money and would claim personal events as an excuse. A lot of “not my fault” stuff. Simon understands that eating the cost from his end is likely to come back ten fold in revenue, based on trust and goodwill.

14. DudeManBrother

That’s exactly it too. A situation like this not only dictates how I do (or don’t do) business with him in the future; but becomes a determining factor in others considering ordering from him. I will absolutely order another guitar from him because I know he’s got my back. In fact, if it does finally reach the “refund” stage; I’ll request he keeps it toward a replacement build. I will however want to pay extra for a different shipping method :lol: Seriously though, he said this is the first time this has ever happened so it’s the exception, not the rule.

Hollowway likes this.
  15. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Meanwhile, at the White House...

Sorry to hear about that dude, but really glad Simon seems like a stand-up guy and wants to help out however he can instead of just saying "Shit, eh? Still want that money, though."

Hope it shows up for you sooner than later.

DudeManBrother likes this.
  16. thinkpad20

thinkpad20 plays guitar??

Wow that’s a real let down. :( Every time something expensive is shipped internationally I always get paranoid; sorry that the lightning struck for you.

DudeManBrother likes this.
  17. DudeManBrother

If I can be the one unlucky scenario, meaning everyone else always gets their guitar without issues, than I’m cool with it. I realize the world doesn’t actually function like that; but given how much a few thousand dollars might mean to one guy vs another, I’d rather my guitar get lost than someone else’s.

18. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire grossly incandescent

19. DudeManBrother

^^^Man Simon’s fade game is on point! Looks so crisp with the white binding.

If I ever get bit by the Mayones Regius bug; I’d probably email Simon about an MS build first. They are definitely heavily inspired; but damn well executed.
    92C8ADD1-1B43-4C83-B0C9-B35080F57C6E.jpeg
    Not sure if he’s willing to build them anymore, but these are a sexy alternative no doubt.

Mathemagician likes this.
  20. gujukal

gujukal SS.org Regular

Isn't Padalka as expensive as a Mayones these days? It made more sense to buy something like that when he was a lot cheaper a few years ago.