Overloud TH-U review and demo!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Guitarjon, Feb 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Guitarjon

Guitarjon SS.org Regular

Hey guys,

Overloud just released TH-U!
    It's a very cool platform and I highly recommend checking it out!
    I made a demo/review video:

I don't work for Overloud so I don't know when the Slate version will be out.
    I imagine soon!

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them here! :)

Elric likes this.
  2. Catalyst Collide

Catalyst Collide SS.org Regular

Great video, thanks for creating and sharing it.
    Pretty excited about this, TH3 has been my favorite sim and I think these extra features are worth the $67 upgrade cost for me.
    Couple interesting new amps and cabs in this release, I like that they added a shimmer reverb and delay. Wish they had added more pedals.
    Really interested to see what they do with the Rig Player. Hopefully they give it a lot of attention with constant profile packs / releases. Can't say I'm super impressed with the models they chose to include in their first pack. I mean there is a couple of interesting amps in there, but I don't know if anyone out there is calling a Blackstart HT 40 a "British Classic). They also haven't said which profiles are included with the release (or if they have, they've hidden it well). I'm guessing it's not the British Classic library because the demo video shows other models.

My biggest swipe against overloud has been that I never felt like they pushed the marketing on it hard enough to create a solid community of users. It's a really great product, it would be awesome if there were more folks out there using it, creating presets, sharing tips, doing youtube videos, etc. Maybe Slate's involvement will help create that, but only time will tell. If they got the rig player right that could be a game changer. A lot of people have wanted a Kemper in their computer. If it works as advertised that would be huge, but it's going to need to work well and they're going to need a much larger library of profiles to entice people since users can't make their own.

Oh, since you offered to answer questions - what are the rig profiles they included with the release?

Elric and Guitarjon like this.
  3. Guitarjon

Guitarjon SS.org Regular

I think you're right about that community aspect and I hope that will change a bit once people in the bundle start using it.
    It's probably because they are a relatively small company, don't know tbh...

I haven't used the Rig player that much so I honestly don't know which rigs are in there now.
    I assume you'll be able to try them in the demo?
    I can take a look for you soon though...

4. Catalyst Collide

Catalyst Collide SS.org Regular

Was just curious mostly, I'll probably buy it over the next couple of days, hoping to see a few more reviews of it come out soon.

Guitarjon likes this.
  5. Guitarjon

Guitarjon SS.org Regular

I saw one or two on YouTube.
    I would definitely say that the upgrade is worth the price.
    The new amps are cool and I really love that tube-swap feature!

Catalyst Collide likes this.
  6. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

Which ownhammer irs do you usually use? there are so many options?
    can you share some of your TH3/TH U presets?

7. Elric

Elric SS.org Regular

New IR management is welcome change. It supports sub folders and wav directly.