Outside of the RG2027X....

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by ArtDecade, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Your best bet really is a JP7. :lol:

I'm a former 2027x and CST owner. The 2027s are hard enough to find these days, the 2127 was a contemporary and maybe a little harder to track down, and while the exact numbers are iffy, the most plausible guesses at worldwide production totals for the RG7CST is probably in the ballpark of 18, based on serial numbers. They come up for sale extremely infrequenbtly, and thanks to the growing prevalence of gear flippers on the net, I assume if they do they'd be stupid expensive, unless you're fortunate enough to know someone who knows someone selling one willing to sell at a fair price, rather than the market clearing one. :lol:

They're all nice guitars, and the CST in particular was pretty as hell. But as a player, a CST was nowhere near what one would probably cost you these days.

ArtDecade likes this.
  2. odibrom

odibrom .

3. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

ArtDecade likes this.
  4. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    I've had the 2027,2127 and these days own one of the RG7CSTs. Sold the 2027 because the 2127 sounded nicer, and then sold the 2127 as the CST sounded nicer. The CST gets played with kid gloves because it's rare and in superb condition, which is a shame, as it's a killer guitar. Neck is D shaped thin kind of like a more refined 90's UV neck with a flat D profile, in short, awesome. The supposed magic matched to the body pickups are rubbish though, they're the same stock rubbish as in 7620s. Total garbage.

There's also the rusty cooley LACS (which I got to play when picking up the uvgr i just bought) so that is kind of the rarest piezo one, and that one feels like a late 90s/early 2000s UV777BK.

The 2127/2027 I loved, they were great guitars, but the 2127 is very hard to find, and the 2027s all seem to have ended up with people who have kept them and collected them as they are rare and offer something different.

As above, if you want something with piezos I think it's pretty true that you either need to buy a JP7, or looking into converting a trem to take piezo saddles.

A candidate (and a possibility) for this is an edge7 trem (if you can find one) as I believe (from looking into it years ago) that the ghost piezo floyd saddles will fit on that (or require a minute amount of milling)

Unless ghost have released a 7string ready to fit floyd.

So, again, probably better to just buy a JP7 if you're not up for a treasure hunt or spending vast amounts of money.

TheKindred and odibrom like this.
  5. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

^
    :lol:

I have his 2127... it's great and goe well with my 2027,

Would be hard pressed to let either go. Really love those gits.

odibrom likes this.
  6. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure the Graphtech saddles will fit an Ibanez bridge. Not the lo-pro, but a Floyd Special will do - though drilling the plate will suck. ;)

7. odibrom

odibrom .

Have you tried to swap the saddles between the 2 so they are all black or white wire for each guitar? I've done that to my 2x 2027s and can manage the piezo/mag mix pretty well. They both sound amazing... No phase issues whatsoever again. Obviously, the KGJ mod (or is it KJG) must be installed.

@eaeolian the graphtech saddles might fit the EDGE bridge... not sure about the others, not the LoPro nor the new Edge Pro for sure...