Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Joe Harvatt, Jan 9, 2014.

1. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

wow....they make a black one now!?!

2. chassless

chassless Don'tDeserveMyGuitar

looks like it! :)

3. narad

narad SS.org Regular

At least since 2013. When they start making one without imprinting their giant logo on there, then I'll be interested!

Crash Dandicoot likes this.
  4. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

I owe an NGD from like 2 years ago. Was deployed, moved, overworked, so it's in the works still. Have killer pictures, picture video, but not much of me playing. I need to edit something together with Sulfur Aeon in the background. I want it to be well done, not just a quickie. But sooner than later, promise!

M3CHK1LLA and Blytheryn like this.
  5. dhgrind

dhgrind SS.org Regular

new thoughts on my guitar that is apparently anywhere from 2.5-5 years away. seax in matte dark stain finish with inlay of mace/hammer/axe going down the neck to the body. orrrr flying v / cimmerian with quilted maple darkest brown burst with neon green slaughter burst on edges.

newest guitars look sick. cant wait.

6. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

Don't you start on the "5 years" thing.

7. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

What do you mean don't start? I was told by a few people to expect 4-5 years.

Anyone who's ordered and got theirs, how much time passed between you placing a deposit and receiving it?

8. rifftrauma

rifftrauma Trapped in time...

3 Years, 8 months and some change for Citadel. My batch was in the middle of the shop upgrades and Phil's cancer. I have no complaints and have another deposit in.

9. narad

narad SS.org Regular

"At least 5 years", squawks the lurker.

"2-3 years", replies the Daemoness owners.

There's been a couple outliers, but max length doesn't equal expected length. The obvious answer is: don't listen to what randoms quote you -- ask Dylan and Barnes if you're seriously. They're going to know about all the shop variables and what's in the pipeline now, enough to provide an informed opinion.

MAJ Meadows SF and rifftrauma like this.
  10. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

Like I said, it was 3 years, 3 months, to be exact, and cut out the shop delays and Phil's sickness (while still being offered to wait or use an alternative) and it was probably closer to 2.5 years. Quoted 18 months when we started talking as Dylan started taking a huge volume of orders. Once money was deposited and final'ish specs made, 24 months. The build started at the 24 month mark, and I don't think Dylan anticipated the influx of orders, hence why he wisely closed the book for awhile.

Blytheryn likes this.
  11. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

Must have seen yours and gone "Oh shit...":lol:

12. Mechanos71

Mechanos71 SS.org Regular

My Daemoness literally arrived today (it is still in the case) and its been 4 years 9 months... give the lurkers a break. IbanezDaemon's Malleus Maleficarum has to have taken longer. NGD is approaching.

frogman81, Blytheryn and rifftrauma like this.
  13. frogman81

frogman81 SS.org Regular

Nice dude, thanks for the news regarding the wait, and thanks for the quick NGD!

14. narad

narad SS.org Regular

It's still in the case and you're posting here? Shame!

But yea, I'm not cutting the lurker any slack. Some guitars took a long time, but to start throwing around 5 years as the expected time is like claiming that having your shop ceiling collapse or your finish guy die aren't significant and rare obstacles to have overcome. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here a bit so I'm going to stop, but I'm hoping we can get some real clarification on current wait times from the experts and not from the guys selling used Daemoness guitars (seems sensible, yea? And I'm selling a cimmerian so really I'm just arguing against my own interests!).

I mean, you have to admit that simply because your guitar took almost 5 years does not justify claiming that 5 years is now the expected delivery time for all future orders. You have to look at the whole history of orders, the trend, and the extenuating circumstances of each.

Samark likes this.
  15. Mechanos71

Mechanos71 SS.org Regular

I do agree that because my guitar took almost 5 years, that doesn't mean 5 years is the new delivery time. I also have never stated what the delivery time is just that 5 years is a possibility. My only point is that yours and meadow's anecdotal experiences are as valid as mine. There is obviously a range of delivery times, and I think prospective customers should be informed/aware of the potential wait and buy accordingly. My interest has never been to trash the brand or anyone.

frogman81 likes this.
  16. dhgrind

dhgrind SS.org Regular

if I'm the apparent lurker, then yes. I do lurk now that this forum software sucks compared to the last iteration.

i said 2.5-5 years not 5+ years. I'm still waiting patiently as ever just forming up the possible variations of this swirling dark mass in my mind.

17. narad

narad SS.org Regular

...then you're not the lurker claiming 5+ years...

18. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Guys!! So much conjecture about wait times...jeez..welcome to the world of custom
    guitar builds. With Daemoness you are going to get a cutting edge, second to none
    instrument with attention to detail that you wouldn't believe! Your guitars will be ready
    when they are ready! Hang in there! I've had to. All good things to those who wait! ;-)

Mechanos71 likes this.
  19. Crash Dandicoot

Crash Dandicoot ยป Supra-ise!

I'm fine with the wait, personally. This coming November will be my 1 year mark, and I feel like its been pretty convenient being able to go over ideas and really get a feel for them over time. It's like rushing to get a tattoo, no sense in not taking the time to make sure you'll genuinely enjoy it.

A question, as well: Has anyone heard of Dylan doing a 6/7 string Jotun? I realize it's an extension in design / size of the Cimmerian, however I'm very fond of its offset / more pronounced asymmetry than the Cimmerian.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  20. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

I'm pretty sure he'll do whatever.

Crash Dandicoot likes this.