Nurse arrested for refusing to take blood

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by bostjan, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

This, basically - if I can be arrested for breaking a law I'm unaware of, then a cop should be held accountable for breaking a law he was unaware of, as well.

I don't have a source handy, but I recall reading over the weekend the cop was first reassigned from active duty, and then a day or so later, fired. Of course, I understand it's very common for police departments to hire officers from elsewhere without checking their records, so it's likely he'll just join a different force in the state who will either be unaware of this or will be aware but don't care, but still...

2. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

He was also a part time paramedic, and was dismissed from that job recently (yesterday, maybe). But that just raises more suspicion for me - if he was a paramedic and a police officer routinely involved in drawing blood, then how did he not know the law?! Obviously, he knew the law, but just didn't care - resorting to the age-old tactic of intimidation.

Also, fuck Fox News. They are trying to run this story: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/...y-bag-to-view-deceased-patients-genitals.html, which goes back to April/May and is almost completely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, to try to defend police brutality by undermining nurses in general. This makes me so mad. :mad: If that story was so upsetting, why did Fox wait 4-5 months before running it nationally?

I have a lot of respect for anyone brave enough to deal with the sort of things the police have to deal with, but there is no excuse whatsoever for police brutality like roughing up nurses to try to intimidate them into breaking the law, or shooting reporters, or lying in court to try to get off from serious charges. These sorts of things have run rampant now for far too long, and internal affairs isn't doing shit to stop it.

3. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

It seems that detective Jeff Payne will be in a lot more, if not already, trouble. According to his records, he has been disciplined for sexual harassment against a female co-worker back in 2013 and had violated other police laws in 1995. At first, I thought he was just having a bad day during the hospital incident but apparently, that's how he really acts. I'm not a psychologist and can't read people the way they do but it seems that officer Payne likes to be a alpha male and does not know how to act properly around woman.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/09/...harassment-and-other-violations-records-show/

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017 at 2:18 PM