NPD Jobetone Prototype

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by sonofabias, Oct 1, 2018.

1. sonofabias

sonofabias SS.org Regular

After inquiring about their products as I continue my search for a domestic boutique pickup builder with quality and or similarities to BK , I was asked to test this hi output pickup by Byron . It's built with ceramic C-8 magnets and rated at 16k ohms . I plan to do a little video comparing my current BK Warpig which is loaded in my 89' Horizon with the Jobetone prototype : 1538410782436903195486.jpg 15384112221121333798964.jpg " Cicada " .

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

You can't tell me that goofy purple baseplate won't make it sound better.

Ribboz, Mathemagician and sonofabias like this.
  3. sonofabias

sonofabias SS.org Regular

I actually like the purple baseplate , it's what it came with . I 'll probably get blue or purple when he makes my custom 6 , 7 string and mini humbucker pickups . You can totally customize a pickup with options for bobbin , pole piece and baseplate color , he'll even overwind it for hotter output . He said his products have more depth and clarity than BKs , especially in hi gain settings . After over 35 years of research and selling off all of his BK's , I think he migjt be on to something . We' ll see . He has a couple of videos on YouTube but they're more 80's style metal tones . This Cicada pickup is purely modern and ceramic . I'll probably have it installed by weeks end .

4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

:coffee:

sonofabias likes this.
  5. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

A guy selling pickups said that it's better than the competitors pickup? Then it must be true! No wonder jobetone is a household name already ;)

Kidding aside... Post some clips and do tell us more about the pickup when you've had some playtime with it. Always good to see new pup manufacturers pop up.

6. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Super Duper Moduraturr

Colored baseplates as a feature is certainly one way to outdo Bareknuckle on the bullshit front.

cardinal likes this.
  7. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Well if there's any creature in the animal kingdom whose sound is synonymous with good tone, it's the cicada.

KnightBrolaire likes this.