NHL 2018 - 2019

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by technomancer, Sep 7, 2018.

1. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars SS.org Regular

Their top line is ridiculous.

2. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Yeah that combination of size, speed, and skill is a REALLY rare combination. That was really the first game I've seen them play...

3. AdamMaz

AdamMaz SS.org Regular

Someone get S̶t̶e̶v̶e̶n̶s̶/̶B̶e̶r̶t̶u̶z̶z̶i̶/̶T̶o̶r̶r̶e̶s̶/̶C̶o̶o̶k̶e̶ Wilson out of the NHL.

AxeHappy likes this.
  4. technomancer

Yet another unnecessary late blind-side hit from Wilson :facepalm:

AxeHappy likes this.
  5. technomancer

And Sprong is gone without every being tried in the top six outside of preseason. The kid they got back from Anaheim for him seems like he might be a decent young defenseman though, so if Sullivan can scratch Captain -13 and get the new kid in the lineup it might help the team out.

6. AdamMaz

AdamMaz SS.org Regular

I still find it odd to hear that film/tv producer Jerry Bruckheimer is part owner the new Seattle franchise :shrug:

technomancer likes this.
  7. technomancer

I need to send Reeves a Christmas card and a thank you letter :lol:

Also it is really funny watching the Pittsburgh sports commentators trying to explain how 3 preseason games in the top six, with none of the regular top six starters in the lineup, constitutes giving Sprong a fair shot in that position with the team.

AxeHappy likes this.
  8. AdamMaz

AdamMaz SS.org Regular

Looks like Reaves saw my post...

To be fair to Reaves, Wilson was skating into him and turned his torso to watch the play.

AxeHappy likes this.
  9. technomancer

I don't like seeing a late hit normally, but otherwise that is completely clean and given the way Wilson has played for the last couple years I have zero sympathy for the guy. Even funnier was Reirden whining about Reaves targeting Wilson all game when he talked to the press. What was it he said to the press every time Wilson laid somebody out late? They should pay attention to what was going on on the ice?

Also Sprong is projected to be playing on the Ducks second line. I'm curious to see how he does.

AxeHappy likes this.
  10. technomancer

And Sprong had a goal and was a +1 in his first game with the Ducks starting as a second line winger.

11. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

The Reeves hit had a bad ending, much like a lot of Wilson hits have. The only real issue I had was it was predatory in the sense that Reaves was chasing and chirping Wilson around the rink since the first period when he got leveled himself by Wilson. He could have chose to hit him while he wasn’t vulnerable, but figured he would clean him out when he wasn’t looking and had the chance. That said, Reaves is a talentless, classless turd and always will be. Whether he is celebrating a fight as if he was in the WWE or just being a dumbass in general. Then of course there was this today, which has since been taken down from the site.

[​IMG]

Guess you got to get your money while you can when your a fringe player in the twighlight of your career. At least Wilson has his $25 Million to rest his injured melon on.

12. technomancer

If it was anybody but Wilson I might care, but this is the guy that stood and laughed at another player being helped off the ice with a broken jaw and concussion after being leveled when he wasn't expecting it, and then blindsided somebody in the head IN PRESEASON. Fuck. That. Guy.

My only issue with the hit was that it was late, and he was more than fairly penalized for it with a 5 minute major and game misconduct. Unlike most of Wilson's questionable hits he also didn't elevate his shoulder as he hit to make sure there was head contact.

I will say the photo is tasteless, but again see above. I'm also curious if it was actually legit or if that is the reason it is no longer there.

AxeHappy likes this.
  13. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

That was actually in response to a joke Beagle made about about the fans loving him after that hit. The preseason hit was uneccesary. His biggest issue is he gets reckless and with his size it’s a bad combination. He’s not a Torres or Cooke, those dudes actually wanted to injure people. But you’re free to hate him, I don’t care either way.

It’s a shame the Reaves hit got all the coverage, because the hit of the season was also in this game. Bonus points for Schmidt tossing that sweet sui-sauce up the middle to Nosek. Dude owes him a steak dinner after that pass.

14. AdamMaz

AdamMaz SS.org Regular

Isn't there a whole language in the rule that discusses last second changes of direction? He clearly touches the puck and turns his head completely around to watch the play, despite that he was also skating INTO Reaves. Yes Reaves went into the hit, looks like it was from a stable legging rather than hunting him down from strides away. I still think Wilson is more liable for being careless.

AxeHappy likes this.
  15. technomancer

Nice hit by Ovi. You'll notice he didn't elevate his shoulder to hit the guy in the chin / head. Neither did Reaves when he hit Wilson.

16. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Pretty sure nobody is saying he did.

17. technomancer

My point was Wilson would have... and has repeatedly on those kind of hits.

18. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Ah got ya, thought someone was questioning that.

19. technomancer

Oh heck no, from that aspect both hits were clean. Reaves was only a problem because it was late.

20. technomancer

That moment when you realize your team is back in the playoff picture because most of the teams in your division have been terrible too :rofl:

ElysianGuitars likes this.