NGearD Line 6 Pod xt Pro

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by zarg, Jan 10, 2018.

1. zarg

zarg guitar nerd

picked this up pretty cheap and though I'd give it a go, I already have a rackmounted poweramp to pair it with and the idea is to use it with a 4x12.

I wanted to replace the laptop in the rig I built since we use the laptop for recording drums and I don't want to swap things around all the time.... so a dedicated box sounds great to me.
    It sounds really decent actually, especially if you turn off the cab and run it with external IRs or an external cab like I do. So far really happy, it gives me flexibility and the tones are inspiring to me.

I already have a bunch of presets of 5150s and I will soon sort through all of them and make the best one my 1B patch. (1A is clean, 1B main chuggs and 1C lead) already have a line 6 foot controller which I'll use to switch channels (was very tricky with the laptop rig).

Even though this thing is really old now, it's still decent and for band rehearsals its great! Maybe I'll even take it to a gig if I have to.

it's my budget axefx LOL

DSC_1379.JPG

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    mnemonic, lewis, Ivars V and 2 others like this.
  2. Alonious_Monk

Alonious_Monk Permanently Tired.

Nice! The Line 6 stuff holds up really well IMO, I still enjoy my POD XT, bought it new...so I feel really ancient right now :D

Enjoy!

lewis and zarg like this.
  3. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

I have the POD X3 Live floorboard and the idea is to pair that with a small poweramp for fly gigs.
    They really are perfect for that sort of thing, even now.

zarg likes this.
  4. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Nice pickup. The XT’s and X3’s are actually pretty good sounding if you can run it into a good power amp and cab. Does it have the metal pack installed?

What power amp are you using?

zarg likes this.
  5. zarg

zarg guitar nerd

yup, I have the metal pack on it. The criminal and the big bottom sound the best. Just have to get used to not being able to dial in tones the same way as with other modelers. for example 100% level on any drive pedal just sounds really bad, might be clipping internally or something.

I use an older behringer power amp with 500W (I think) solidstate that I found used on the bay, sounds really good.

Alonious_Monk and lewis like this.
  6. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Nice, Big Bottom was always my favourite model in the XT. There’s a lot of boost options in there. The Screamer is kinda weird, has some weird mid thing going on that needs to be tweaked right.

Alonious_Monk likes this.
  7. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

Running it through an IR loader, I've been getting really good results with the Diezel & Engl amps.

zarg likes this.