NGD - RG1670MZ-FB

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by eightsixboy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. eightsixboy

eightsixboy あなたのお母さんを犯さ

So I found a Prestige which to me is like a holy grail Prestige for some reason, the RG1670 in fountain blue. Not sure how rare they are but I have never seen one in my country and the ones I have seen in the US or EU all sseem to be black.

So to put it bluntly this thing is 10/10 mint, not a single mark or ding, I was shocked at how well preserved it is, I am almost to scared to play the thing now.

Came with some Dimarzio's which I have since fitted which was a massive bonus.

Anyway, enough fluff and more pics.

[​IMG]
    private image upload

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    free pic hosting sites

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Awesome color!

Dig how it goes with the natural headstock, thing looks super clean.

HNGD! :hbang:

3. Ebony

Ebony Mr Sunshine

Sexy finish.

4. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

wow, what a beauty!

5. Nlelith

Nlelith SS.org Regular

I really like how headstock is natural /without truss rod cover. Gorgeous guitar. HNGD!

6. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

An axe I didn't know existed. Thought those were stock photos at first that thing is so clean. Almost looks like an 'Ibanez does Charvel' situation.
    Personally not a big fan of that aesthetic, but what a nice find. The zebra dimarzios really improved the look, too. HNGD my dude!

7. laxu

laxu SS.org Regular

I've never seen that model. Looks great!

Ibanez can still go fuck themselves for making so many black models and then only randomly putting out something that looks this good.

8. bloc

bloc tha vagina finda

Damn that looks godly. Puzzles me so much as to why maple boarded RGs are not a standard thing

9. C_Henderson

C_Henderson SS.org Regular

Yeah, that is easily the best looking RG I've seen in a good while. HNGD!

10. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

I'm jealous! They made one in a Lavender color that's really cool as well. Great find, man.

11. purpledc

purpledc Proud blacksheep

very nice guitar. Too bad you aren't in the states Id nab the V8 pickup you ripped out. I want a prestige with that trem. I also really want to try the one with the roller bearings. Very cool piece. I have never seen one. Love the zebras in it too.

12. eightsixboy

eightsixboy あなたのお母さんを犯さ

Yea its kind of scary clean, I play it with upmost caution haha, but still enjoying it.

Yea I hear ya, welcome to the world of Jdm exclusives whilst everywhere else gets black and white versions of similar/same models. Still don't know why they do that.

Well I think they will be now with the Cites thing, which is great. Hopefully next year we start seeing maple RG's on all models.

They actually had one in that color I missed out on maybe a month before this came up, so glad I got this color though.

I really like this trem, not sure why some don't, replacing strings is way quicker then the normal edge.

Digging the zebra's as well, its actually a Fred in the neck, which is surprisingly good in that position. Tone zone in the bridge but still a little undecided on it, sounds good but can be a little muddy or undefined in the low end.

After getting this I'm trying to resist the urge to find other jdm exclusives on ishibashi haha, really wish they made this stuff available outside Japan.

13. MatiasTolkki

MatiasTolkki Gulag resident

The 1670 line was only released in Japan for like 1 year, in 09 or something like that. I saw another color variant of this fountain blue before, and these are NOT easy to find. I think I've seen them twice in 6 years or something like that (still more than the RGR580PL that's in my avatar, only seen that once and I own it).