NGD: Oldbanez content 56k: I was nice and linked thumbs

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by silverabyss, Jun 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. silverabyss

silverabyss

Traded my EC1k and some cash for this. Ibanez MC300 Musician of Ibanez's-post lawsuit days where they tried to get into the late 70's Alembic/BC Rich's HEAVY ASS BRASS EVERYTHING AND NECKTHROUGH FOR MAXX SUSTAIN days. I saw it behind the counter at the small music shop near me and honed in on it like the AC130 section in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Skipping around TGP threads about these and the consensus ranges from "They're built well but the pickups suck" to "OMG YASS QUEEN BEST GUITAR OF ALL TIME" I'm somewhere in between: Mine was really nice.

WAS.

Mine has seen better days. Bad scars and doinks all over, the rear cavity and truss rod covers are missing. Play-ability is quite nice, the fretboard and frets are surprisingly smooth at bends but my bass strings are buzzing like hell on the low frets and I'm hoping it's not the neck and a tweak to the bridge or truss will make it go away. I can't comment on the pickups and tri-sound switching but if they really do suck and are prone to microphonics I'll gut the electronics and put a gibson 4 knob setup and get big pickup rings and new pickups (need to research the best ones for a multi-laminate guitar such as this). Bridge and tail peice are pretty groty too, don't know if brasso will help or not. Definitely missing locking tuners though. Bitch is HEAVY too. Overall I like it, my first taste of PROPER JAPAN LUTHIERY but it needs some TLC but I don't know if I want to try to refinish it and fix it up or sell it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

That's sure a nice looking neck-thru-the body guitar! Congrats on your purchase.

;>)/

silverabyss likes this.
  3. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Slick my kind of style.

silverabyss likes this.