NGD-Ibanez DCM100

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Frey, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Frey

Frey SS.org Regular

Greetings all! Well despite having a serious guitar buying problem I never do this so I thought I'd indulge!

I had really planned a Ken Susi or a Brian Welch LTD as my next guitar so I could finally try out an Evertune and Fluence pickups but I couldn't resist the temptation of the low price (compared to the *unreasonable* high price of these at MSRP) I got it for.

What to say about it so far? I think having a reverse headstock on an Ibby is my favorite thing about it haha. Sometimes I miss my XPT707.. One odd note I'll mention is that it does feel a bit strange that the guitar and case are lacking the "Prestige" branding. Guess it goes to show that my brain is perfectly susceptible to that sort of thing haha.

I really like the single knob layout. I've always wanted to have a guitar with a single pickup. I don't use my neck pups often and I find there to be a certain metal charm to the single pickup look. I'm actually really liking the Retribution so far despite usually disliking actives. That may be due in part to the fact that I'm playing through my AX8 mostly these days.

The Lo-Pro edge is nice. I've never actually hit fine tuners while playing on a regular but I see it's appeal. I vowed to stay away from tremolos from now on since I already have so many and have just grown to prefer the more hassle-free nature of fixed bridges but well..

I generally don't like like scale lengths greater than 25.5 but that's because I am basically always in standard, play a lot of lead, like the feel of really thick strings, and am spoiled by my multiscale. Planning to drop this down a half or whole step though so hopefully I'll come to enjoy the scale length once I do that. Really only comparing to my Ibanez RGIR28 which has a 27" scale on which I don't particularly enjoy lead playing.

I actually quite like the color/finish although I was pretty on the fence about it from images online. I've never owned a satin finish guitar before and I'm very anxious about leaving oil marks all over it though haha. Still trying to figure out how to get over what will inevitably happen..

In conclusion; It's my first Ibanez Prestige since I bought my 1527 and 1527M way back when and the build quality is as flawless as it was on those two. My curiosity is still peaked for the Evertune and Fishman pups but I already like this guitar more than I expected and expect my appreciation to become greater still :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coincidental banner? If not then my GAS has reached frightening levels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tree, Harry, Ron Head and 20 others like this.
  2. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

These guitars are seriously awesome to look at! I'll bet it plays like a dream too. Dino is a huge player and I still want one of these myself. HNGD!

3. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Literally the only 7 I want; despite being here I barely play 7s anymore but this thing is AWESOME.

4. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

lookin' sexy!

5. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Lol "CELEBRATE!"...

Nice score, HNGD! :shred:

6. cardinal

cardinal Strat 7 Guy

Nice! I love those. They sound huge.

7. Lada The Great

Lada The Great SS.org Regular

Gongratz! I wish I could afford one of these, it's my favourite production Ibby of alltime.

8. 77zark77

77zark77 SS.org Regular

Too bad the headstock had to be shortened to fit the case :drew:

Congrats though :yesway: :)

9. Soya

Soya Poor person Contributor

Nice! Definitely one I'd like to have but I likely wouldn't play it much to keep from shining it up in spots.

10. chipchappy

chipchappy SS.org Regular

true dat

BusinessMan and Smoked Porter like this.
  11. Spicypickles

Spicypickles 8 string Warrior

Damnit, I had this quoted and had a similar quip typed up, then got busy elsewhere and forgot to post.

BusinessMan and chipchappy like this.
  12. Sebastian

Sebastian Poland CEO / RHLC ©

DCM100 is a great guitar! Congrats :)

13. gienek

gienek SS.org Regular

Shit so smooth! Grats