NGD: Get out of mah swamp

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by KnightBrolaire, May 20, 2018.

1. Wolfos

Wolfos Guitarded

Beauty guitar!

There's a sunburst one on reverb as a result of their painter scratching a Moore burst model.

I asked them if they could accidentally scratch another and refinish it a nice tobacco burst or red to black burst.

2. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire baritone zone

thanks.
    Yeah I saw that sunburst one, I was kind of tempted to grab that or the macassar ebony one, but I'm trying to cut down on buying gear all the time :lol:

Wolfos likes this.
  3. Wolfos

Wolfos Guitarded

We really need to start a GAS anonymous group or something.

A-Branger likes this.
  4. KnightBrolaire

isn't that what the post your GAS thread is for ? :lol:

A-Branger likes this.
  5. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

is that not the point of this whole forum lol

JEngelking and KnightBrolaire like this.
  6. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

yeah Im tempted to slide some money to one of their workers to "Accidentally" scratch one of the next run hypes with mapple boards, so they can get a cool finish happening and buy it lol

7. Wolfos

Wolfos Guitarded

I talked to him again, he said hes planning on doing a whole bunch of other colours next run.

A-Branger likes this.
  8. KnightBrolaire

I forgot I ordered a blue hype from run 6, wonder when I'll get that one :lol:

Wolfos likes this.
  9. Wolfos

Wolfos Guitarded

The first step to GAS anonymous is admitting you have a problem...

10. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

well they have a date for PErry to travel to the factory to check run 5, and ideally whatever in run 6 is 4 weeks after whatever in run5. But hey we got Goliaths so we can wait in peace...... I do want my run 6 hype too...... but goliath is nice.... but I wanna my hype too, and would love another... and a SX carved top.....Lucky I didnt have money before if not I would have a shark too haha.... oh and also I got a Sully in order too..... stupid GAS

11. KnightBrolaire

update: Sold the goliath.
    The little things that bothered me on this guitar kept bothering me (ie the knots on the horn) and the fact that it was less comfortable/had way worse upper fret access than my other headless guitars means it had to go.
    Aesthetically I loved the guitar, but I wasn't enjoying playing it due to the comfort issue.

12. LordIronSpatula

LordIronSpatula Indeed.

That’s a bummer. I’ve been wanting to switch to a multiscale 8 for a while and was considering a Goliath as a possible option, but I’m also predisposed to lower horns getting in the way of my hands and would probably end up sharing your frustrations there.

I really like the scale layout Ormsby uses. The wide fan is no problem for my hands, in fact I love how it feels on my TX 7. Looks like I might have to get a Hype 8 if I want that fan - any chance you’ve played one? Looks like the lower horn is on the long side, but farther out.

At this point I’m probably between a Hype or a basic Vader.

13. KnightBrolaire

I haven't tried a hype 8 yet. I have one on order. I really did want to keep the goliath. The fan was comfy, the neck was comfy, literally the main comfort issues stem from the leg cutout digging into my thigh and the poor upper fret access. I still stand by my vader as being the comfiest guitar I own. The only thing that comes close is the headless guitar I'm building for myself.

14. Frey

Frey SS.org Regular

I think the Goliath has the best looking headless body yet but sacrificing comfort kind of defeats the purpose of headless, multiscale guitars imo! I think the Moore edition was the best looking of the bunch too. Sad to hear but thanks for sharing! I just can't get myself to tolerate the vader body though lol. Oddly I like the Zeus a lot although it looks like it might be a tad less comfy than Kiesel's other offerings :shrug:

15. KnightBrolaire

yeah I was super disappointed that I didn't mesh with this guitar, the aesthetics are the whole reason I preordered it years ago. The zeus looks pretty comfy imo. Even though there's a lot of kiesels floating around with questionable wood choices, all of mine have been extremely comfy.

16. jco5055

jco5055 SS.org Regular

I honestly think Padalka is the best looking ergo-design.

17. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

not sure how you sit on it, but I raise my left leg a bit more than normal (on classical possition) which makes the guitar sit on my right leg too. so the shape of the body with the two bottom contours of it fits my two legs perfect, plus it helps keep the tunners out of the way. Everyone got different likes and I get not everyone would feel comfortable, but I have seen Lots of people sit with a goliath in a classical position without raising their leg much, which makes the tunners rest on the side of your tight, and kinda unconfortable feel with the boddy digging intoy our tight

not that it matters to you now, but for someone else reading :)

he does amazing stuff!, not only design but on finishes/colors too omg!

jco5055 likes this.
  18. KnightBrolaire

I play it classical position with my left leg elevated and right leg resting in the main cutout.
    it's more to do with I have big legs and the main cutout (where the tuners are) is too small for my legs. The lower cutout is less stable for me. it'd be fine if i used my strap while playing sitting down, but I hate wearing my strap if I don't have to (leather+ foam when it's hot out = blech).
    I'm sure other people feel comfortable with the design, but it's just not a good fit for me, literally.

A-Branger likes this.