NGD - Custom Shop Silverburst LPC

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Thanatopsis, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Robotechnology

Robotechnology SS.org Regular

Very Nice! I had one that I loved but, it was BARELY edged out by my other LPC, a 68RI. I preferred the neck thickness of the Silverburst. Preferred the slightly lighter weight of the 68RI. Tone was different but equal. Anyway Enjoy!

2. Robotechnology

Robotechnology SS.org Regular

Very Nice! I had one that I loved but, it was BARELY edged out by my other LPC, a 68RI. I preferred the neck thickness of the Silverburst. Preferred the slightly lighter weight of the 68RI. Tone was different but equal. Anyway Enjoy!

3. Thanatopsis

Thanatopsis SS.org Regular

Thanks, I was just looking at your Horizon thread, that thing is killer. I've always been a big Horizon fan and can't get over how awesome the combination of the transparent black flame top, maple neck, and black binding looks.

feraledge likes this.
  4. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

Thanks man! It’s my dream guitar for sure. The finish is called black fog IIRC and has those brown undertones. I called my custom SD bridge PUP “obsidian” but it’s an appropriate name for that guitar in general.

5. possumkiller

possumkiller Goose stepping in front of a mirror

The best version of the LP for sure. A 70s silverburst (real Gibson not my Chinese knockoff) Flying V is still at the top of my dream guitars list.

6. Thanatopsis

Thanatopsis SS.org Regular

I have a whit Jackson SLSMG and one of the aesthetic aspects I always liked was the black/white contrast between the hardware, pickups, ebony fingerboard and the body. Yours just takes it to another level with the neck and binding. The only thing about it I'd change for myself is a fixed bridge.

7. Ibycan7

Ibycan7 SS.org Regular

I recently got a 2003 LPC Silverburst as well. the year before LPC went to the Custom Shop, couldn't be happier. Ebony fretboard, the dumbass original owner put a 3 pickup pickguard on it and drilled the holes on that beautiful finish...smh...anyways, keeper for sure, now deciding if i'm gonna do a Seymour Duncan JB on the bridge like my other LPs.

lpc2.jpg

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  8. vibrantgermancities

vibrantgermancities SS.org Regular

Congrats on the Silverburst - looks stunning! I had my first experience of richlite this month when I tried one of the Viv Campbell signatures... it felt absolutely fantastic. I’d basically ignored anything with a richlite board up until that point but left the shop wondering if I now actually wanted my next guitar to have one...

9. oppgulp

oppgulp SS.org Regular

Nice! Got a silverburst myself!