New Trivium song "The Sin and the Sentence"

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Aug 1, 2017.

1. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

Love the new album. So long as they don't make another Vengeance Falls...

2. The Mirror

The Mirror SS.org Regular

I still don't know.

The fact that the rerecording of Pillars is by far the best thing I've heard in this thread doesn't really speak for the new record to me.

zarg likes this.
  3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 8 string hoarder

4. zarg

zarg guitar and computer nerd

yeah the shred wars isn't the greatest, I liked stevie t the most....

sadly the pillars on youtube got removed and I can't find the rerecorded version anywhere :shrug:

5. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

Vengeance wasn't everyone's cup of tea sure, but i loved the album (it was actually the album that got me into trivium). But i also really enjoy listening to disturbed so I suppose I may be a bit biased :lol:

JD27 and Mathemagician like this.
  6. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

I'll put it this way: When I rank Trivium albums, I don't even put Vengeance Falls anywhere.

7. electriceye

electriceye SS.org Regular

That album is GREAT. Can't understand why/how anyone doesn't like it. So many great songs, IMO. Older trivium fans are very....weird about this band. Drives me nuts.

BTW, saw them live in NYC a couple of weeks ago. Phenomenal show. Bent really raises the bar for this band, where they should be, and I hope he stays. They're so tight, you can tell how much work they put into things. I just wish they played for more than 1:15. I have zero interest in Arch Enemy, despite loving Jeff Loomis. I left 3 songs into their set that night. Can't take the vocals.

Lorcan Ward likes this.
  8. The Mirror

The Mirror SS.org Regular

Personally, I got into Trivium because of the progressive elements. I came from bands like DT and Opeth and loved me some good old Thrash, too (especially the more proggy records like AJFA and Rust in Peace).

So my favourite Trivium songs always were stuff like Declaration, The Crusade titletrack and basically the entirety of Shogun. Then came In Waves, which was very much a hit and miss record for me. Way to many by-numbers songs. And Vengeance was a full blown straight modern-metal record. Not a single song that even slightly exceeded the 6 minute mark.

So that was it for me and they never got me back in. If I hear another fantastic long instrumental track or a 10 minute monster from them I might just check them out again.

9. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

Since their albums are so different and the genre jump a lot it leaves fans very divided. I loved Vengeance Falls and its the only album I liked start to finish since Ascendancy. Shogun is a big fan favourite but I've never gotten into it and would be quite low on my list.