New Schecter Models Megathread

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Oct 11, 2013.

1. ToneLab

ToneLab Bedroom Playa

This would be huge. That first gen of South Korean bolt-on Banshees were amazing guitars.

2. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

The new line'd 100% be indo tho

3. Smoked Porter

Smoked Porter SS.org Regular

This is outrageous. I, for one, am never buying a Schecter again.

Nlelith, Dineley and Albake21 like this.
  4. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Wouldn't a solid color completely miss the point of what the Apocalypse line is?

5. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

How is the quality on MII vs the MIK?

I have a MIK Banshee, but liking the Reaper series. I might have to grab one if the quality is comparable.

6. Albake21

I've always found a very big difference in quality, but others say otherwise. I think it depends on the guitar you get and who's playing it.

7. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

When has that stopped anyone? :lol:
    Sorta, yes. When I say solid white, I mean leave that open grain though. To me, that's the main concept of the Apocalypse series. A nice open grain finish.

8. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I know I did 5 years ago or so, but wondering if the newer ones are better. Especially as it seems WMI opened their own factory in Indo, instead of using Wildwood.

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  9. Triple-J

Triple-J the Experimetalist

the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
    That weird model at Musicians Friend a few pages back now makes more sense as Schecter have added the CR6 to the american website it's a GC/MF exclusive that looks exactly like the Euro exclusive C-6 Pro but with Apocalypse-2 pickups. :scratch:
    Screenshot_2018-11-08 (2).png Screenshot_2018-11-08.png Screenshot_2018-11-08 (3).png

If it was very close to the original Banshee in spec I wouldn't care where it's made as I've been lusting after a second Banshee for a while now but there doesn't seem to be any on the used market in uk/euro.

ToneLab and Shask like this.
  10. Albake21

Interesting... they also seem to be in stock at most guitar centers. I might go over there to try it out either tonight or tomorrow.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research/CR-6-Electric-Guitar.gc

11. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

Cool. I have considered picking one of these up, but was nervous of buying a model that didn't seem to exist, that you think it has certain specs, but no way to verify, etc..... Glad to see it officially exist now.

Not sure if I want one of these, or wait for a Reaper....

12. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

Yeah, I have a Banshee FR, and I love that thing. I have been looking at picking up a used Banshee Hardtail, but there are not many out there in the condition and price I wanted. When the CR-6 and Reaper popped up, I thought I might do one of those instead.

ToneLab likes this.
  13. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

I hope the Banshee Extreme abominations just flushed the system. Those first run Banshee's were insanely rad. The Extremes make me cringe so much that I have never even picked one up at a guitar store. I don't want to find out they are awesome or something.

Masoo2, ToneLab and Smoked Porter like this.
  14. Smoked Porter

Smoked Porter SS.org Regular

The Extremes were one step forward and two steps back visually imo. Adding the pickguard was a nice touch, but then they just had to throw on those trashy inlays.

ToneLab, Zhysick and cip 123 like this.
  15. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

It was a cheaper line afterall

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  16. Rawkmann

Rawkmann SS.org Regular

Got a chance to play the CR6 at GC today. The green one is REALLY nice looking in person, and I’m not even keen on green guitars. Played very well right off the shelf, the ‘ultra thin’ neck feels amazing. Only glaring negative IMO is the lack of locking tuners, but at the price point it’s pretty hard to beat.

17. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I got to play a Green and Charcoal last weekend! The Green one was awful. It was super dark, the outside was black and not blue, and there was hardly any figuring, other than one spot where it looked like someone sneezed on it. The neck felt rough, and one of the knobs was falling off. I wasn't impressed.

I thought the charcoal one was awesome looking though. It had a lot of figuring, and felt smooth, and overall just felt higher quality compared to the green one. I decided to grab it while I was there. I added a couple of crappy pictures.

I spent some time over the weekend setting it up. Shimmed the neck, Gorgomyte, Oil, 11-49 in D, Nut Sauce, etc..... now it plays effortlessly. It is so light and smooth playing. I barely have to touch it, lol.

20181110_203643 small.jpg

20181110_203617 small.jpg

AkiraSpectrum and Albake21 like this.
  18. AirForbes1

AirForbes1 SS.org Regular

Hi. Sorry, but I'm a bit confused when I look through the Schecter offerings. Would anybody be able to clarify?

Ibanez have their JC, Prestige, Premium, Standard to signify where they are made/quality (presumed) and hardware appointments, then the body shapes within that. ESP has ESP, E-II, Ltd and within Ltd, the body shapes have models numbers go up and down with the quality as well.

How do Schecter do it? Is that what the Diamond Series and Elite signify? What's the difference between a C-1 and a C-6 because the C-6 Pro looks like a different body shape to the C-6 plus. And what's the difference between the Damien, the Hellraiser, and the SLS? They all look like archtops to me.

Sorry for the noob questions, but I can't make heads or tails of where their models fall in to their quality hierarchy.

19. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Looking at RigTalk forum the CR-6 model is gettin some serious consensous.
    Badass pics too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Diamond Series= Korean, Indo, Chinese models. The "C" means the guitar is an HH superstrat, often with carved top.
    Then you have the different series, each one is loaded with different peculiar features.

AirForbes1 likes this.
  20. AirForbes1

AirForbes1 SS.org Regular

Thanks. But this kind of explains kind of explains what I mean. Diamond can mean Korean, Indo, or China made. In Ibanez, I just know that every Prestige is MIJ.

The models thing though, is helpful, it's more features rather than shapes or quality, that helps, thank you. So, I can stay away from Hellraisers as I have 0 desire for abalone binding or gothic inlays.