New Mick Thomson Jackson

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by steinmetzify, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Everything is like that lately. Fucking tired of people trying to drain their fucking fans dry. KISS, Jackson, and other bands/brands, though KISS is hardly a fucking band anymore. I'm a HUGE KISS fan, but their money grubbing pisses me off to no end.

BenjaminW, Mathemagician and lewis like this.
  2. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

yeah nail on the head.
    custom built guitars and their popularity rising, seems to have made companies that mass produce think "guys are regularly getting customs built for thousands. Lets throw some different keywords on our next line of instruments and charge thousands more than normal, to get in on that market" "This is a custom" "Real mahogany" lol? all mahogany upto now was obviously make believe.

such idiots. People are willing to spend thousands on a completely 1 off custom instrument tailored to their exact specs, not just Micks guitar from Slipknot. Not seeing the difference is stupid.
    this is dumb from jackson.
    Ibanez have done this too just not as bad as this price. (unless you go LACS)

3. Spaced Out Ace

Oh, and off topic, but fuck Gene's box set as well as taking advantage of Eddie and Alex Van Halen in order to sell this piece of fucking garbage. I'd be willing to put good money on the fact that LESS THAN 0.01% OF GENE'S NON-ALBUM SONGS are good at all. Everything that didn't make it on an album -- and hell, in the 80s, even some that did -- is pure sewage in a New York sewer system.

lewis likes this.
  4. Spaced Out Ace

Well, some guitars, mostly foreign made, will be spec'd as mahogany, but will use shit mahogany like in density and tone. Which, by the way, is probably why CITES is not a big deal since I'm sure quite a few places have been replacing rosewood with something that looks and sounds sorta like rosewood for years, mostly on lower and middle tier guitars.

lewis likes this.
  5. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

yeah thats true. I bet that has been going on for years.

my 8 string in my profile pic has a rosewood looking fretboard called "Roseacer" or something, and its actually maple lol

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  6. Spaced Out Ace

Isn't it like baked maple or some shit.

[​IMG]

7. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

yeah haha bang on. Thermally treated.
    it feels and sounds nicer than rosewood to me so thats a plus. However, they have ruined the look of nice maple!. Keep the board blonde and the guitar would have looked stunning.

8. Spaced Out Ace

I'd love a nice maple board Kramer superstrat, but they put fucking floyds on everything, and I haven't got the time or patience to deal with it.

lewis likes this.
  9. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

ooh yes! kramers are awesome

p.s I hate floyds :(

10. Spaced Out Ace

As Nas once said, fuck Jay Z, and I'll say now, fuck Floyd Rose. Or at least the bridges, anyways. Absolute nuisance, those things.

beavis2306 and lewis like this.
  11. bmth4111

bmth4111 SS.org Regular

Ewww. humbucker rings. This guitar looks cheap, and that's just sad. The burgundy finish with black binding just adds to the cheapy vibe.

12. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

They definitely do. They even some weird limited woods every now and then.
    They even have roasted swamp ash now. Can you imagine have a roasted swamp ash guitar with a roasted maple neck?
    It would be light as hell with no finish necessary due to the roasting process.

13. manu80

manu80 Jackson for life !

waiting for the import version ;)
    still dig the color and the reverse headstock... but sometimes I'd rather find a MTM1 with the original case , which was red at the launch of the series...

lewis likes this.
  14. exo

exo SS.org Regular

I just realized why this guitar is so "meh" to me. I have a '94 MiJ Soloist XL, same color, FR bridge, but H/S/S and non reverse HS. FANTASTIC guitar, but between the quality of what I've already got, my lack of love for Slipknot, and where this is gonna street price at, I'm not attracted at all. If I had that kind of cash, I'd hunt down one of those Dave Davidson warriors.....

Mathemagician likes this.
  15. Spaced Out Ace

If I had that kinda cash, I'd get a nice USA Wolfgang or two, and a 5150III.

exo likes this.
  16. exo

exo SS.org Regular

Honestly, after thought, I'd probably rather spend that $$$ on an ENGL SE, cab of my choice, and a couple car payments

AxeHappy and lewis like this.
  17. Spaced Out Ace

Yeah, don't blame ya. Not a fan of ENGL at all, as I think they are overrated, overpriced, and don't sound all the good to my ears, but definitely see your point.

exo likes this.
  18. exo

exo SS.org Regular

Basically, I just realized I'm less happy with my amp situation (modeler into the FX return of a Peavey Windsor half-stack.....works fine for me, but could in all honesty be better) than I am with any of my main guitars.....and I owe that all to Mick Thompson.......

19. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Wow. Same as the Revocation sig - another guitar that I'd love to buy but that they refuse to make a "real" model of.

I'll wait to see in an American $2-3k ever materializes.

I think Misha and Marty are like, the only recent ones to get a proper sig. and Misha has an American option. B

ut still many signs aren't available in a $1-2k "Pro" series because they don't want to "cannibalize" their $4-6k price point, lol.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  20. xzacx

xzacx SS.org Regular

When did Warmoth start making neck-thrus?

Price is ridiculous for sure, but it comes with a flight case and some extra junk. These are limited to like 15 anyway, and not a regular production model. This all came out at Winter NAMM, not sure why people are getting excited about it now.

Also, these are listing for $4,999, so it's not really out of line with what you'd expect to pay for any Jackson Masterbuilt Custom Shop, and not lacking in quality to the brands you mention. Obviously those would have your own specs rather than the specs from a stupid gimmick band's guitarist - I'm not saying it's a good buy, just not as shocking as people are making it out to be.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017