New BKP Ragnarok

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by chopeth, Sep 2, 2017.

1. FitRocker33

FitRocker33 My tone is tighter than my hamstrings

I call dibs on kitty taco fridays!

2. Zalbu

Zalbu More time than skill

Or for people who enjoys more than one style of music? Would you use a Strat with single coils to play Cannibal Corpse on?

3. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Sorry but I find this lovely
    [​IMG]

Possibly noone has played them yet, there isn't even a proper number of demos of them. And yet people recommends them. Wow.

takotakumi and Álvaro QB like this.
  4. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that the Ragnarok would be something that wouldn't disappoint them because it's kinda the thing that he's describing about. I feel like I'm in the minority that doesn't want to trash something that's being hyped, which is what I've seen on this forum a lot, so he deserves to give them a shot.

5. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

I honestly wouldn't be able to suggest a specific pickup based on "something that sounds better on mid gain tones and lead tones, but more dynamic and warm and good on cleans" :shrug:

narad likes this.
  6. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

haha recommending pickups to others based purely on hype alone proves that Bareknuckle as a company is doing alot of good haha.

could be an Ola Englund style situation though where Misha can jam through my old Dishwasher and yet still make a demo sound fantastic.

takotakumi and Ordacleaphobia like this.
  7. Zalbu

Zalbu More time than skill

The stuff gets hyped for a reason, because it's good. Yes, it's a bit silly to recommend a product when barely anyone have tried it yet but it feels like a lot of people here are being contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian.

8. Petar Bogdanov

Petar Bogdanov SS.org Regular

Sounds like the description of a good neck pickup.

9. noob_pwn

noob_pwn SS.org Regular

Yeah 100%. To give some scope, the latest Architects single was recorded with impulses and it's a super aggressive sound. The record before was juggs.

Masoo2 and couverdure like this.
  10. Josh Middleton

Josh Middleton SS.org Regular

Whatsup Josh it's Josh. For Doomsday we used Fishman Fluence Classics on the PAF style voicing. They're pretty refined sounding.
    2 Tracks of VH4 and 2 of EVH 5150 3

11. Sdrizis89

Sdrizis89 SS.org Regular

The tone on Doomsday was pretty damn incredible to me. Makes me want to try a set of Fishman Fluence pups even more now.

12. beavis2306

beavis2306 Lusts for gear

Does anyone know if you can change the colour if the slug poles on the pickups? I had a bit of play and the BKP website but it looks like you can only change the screws so you would end up with silver slugs and whatever type and colour you wanted on the screw side. I think this would look dicky

Blytheryn likes this.
  13. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

black, gold, nickel. those are usually the only options for slug colors unless you paint them, which doesn't work too well ime.

beavis2306 likes this.
  14. beavis2306

beavis2306 Lusts for gear

I just didn't see that option at all on the website

15. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

i don't know if bkp offers them but mojotone sells slugs in those colors/other pickup manufacturers I've talked to said they don't really do other colors due to demand.

beavis2306 likes this.
  16. noob_pwn

noob_pwn SS.org Regular

I was told Adam's Baritone was used with the impulses! My bad

17. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

as an owner of the Josh middleton kemper pack, and it being the set I exclusively use now for everything,
    can we expect an Architects kemper bundle? would love some of those VH4/EVH profiles. The Doomsday sound/production was massive to me. Ive replayed the song an unreal amount of times already.

if not, please convince them to put one out haha. I would happily happily pay plenty for one, especially after everything and knowing how amazing your own pack came out.

18. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

I don't think it's quite so much people saying they won't be good, as it is just people finding it strange that folks are recommending things they don't have first hand experience with, like you mentioned. Realistically speaking, if you've never touched something, how do you know it'll do what this person is asking about? I'd bet most people in this thread are folks like myself that are actually very likely going to try the Ragnaroks, but are sick of BKPs being basically turned into a meme due to hype like this.

I had Ola play an old math textbook with a lego bridge and a shoe string on it though an 80s alarm clock and it was the most ball crushing tone I've ever heard in my life.
    Really though, yeah, Misha is the same way. Most people that demo gear are, actually. Personally that's why I rely more on what I read and hear here than on demos because they're usually pretty tough to figure out.

lewis likes this.
  19. FitRocker33

FitRocker33 My tone is tighter than my hamstrings

A good analogy would probably be like when you go to Burger King to get a whopper and think it's gonna look like the picture, only to open your wrapper on the way home to find a soggy haphazardly made meat pancake sandwich that has pickles when you specifically asked for NO pickles!!

20. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

"Good" doesn't necessarely mean universally appreciated, there are tons of quality pieces of gear some people won't like no matter what. I don't like many BK models myself.