NBD - Esp ltd DK5

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by 7 Dying Trees, May 25, 2018.

1. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    I wanted a bass and ended up with one of these. Never heard of it before as and stumbled across it on eBay. Put in anoffer and the dude accepted. Picked it up 2 days ago.

So I know very little about basses, and kind of remember liking the f series an old bassist had. I liked the neck profile, and yeah, the f series shape always has looked really nice as a bass. One frind kind of mentioned the esp stuff has a fenderish quality to it, so I reckoned I could get near enough with one and so set about looking for one in purple. Only found crap bolt on ones, and then stumbled across this one. In green. Decided to chance it, and, well, I'm really happy with it. I like playing it, it's got a good clank that i like to it, on neutral settings I am really digging the sound as well. As a bonus, it sounds waaaaaaaaaay better than my inherited bass that I have. In fact, that is either getting sold, or given away, as don't need two, and certainly don't need one which I am now guaranteed never to touch again.

It looks cool, has inlays that kind of match the UVs (I do like the eye in the 7th fret, really digging that), and yeah, it's a sig, but another buddy pointed out that that probably meant better wood choices. In any case, I don't mind, I've hung out with the dude a few times when i was still touring, and he was really nice, so it's worked out nicely.

I don't think there's too many of these, but doesn't matter, as I like it, and I know it'll get me creative on some bass lines as it's fun to play.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Djentlover666

Djentlover666 Good case of the djents

Had to look it up to be sure, but that the signature bass for the bass player in suicide silence. Nice but! I wanted his bass but like you said its hard to find. I mostly just want a 35 inch 5 string. Unbelievable how difficult it is to find one for below $400

3. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Green FTW!!

4. Djentlover666

Djentlover666 Good case of the djents

Nice buy not but... ever since the last update for android the auto correct got worse.

5. Chiba666

Chiba666 SS.org Regular

Very nice, best f series bass out there

6. Lasik124

Lasik124 SS.org Regular

I have something similar to this. Yours is cooler though ha!

Solid bass I will say, does the job well. Congrats!

7. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    Still love this, put some NYXLs on it, and it's just good fun picking it up and having a bash on it. Definite improvement over the other bass I had, loads of fun to play, sounds good on the bits of recording I've done with it. That and I've found some really cool patches on the axe fx to play it through which has been a bonus!

Plus, it looks cool still :D

I'm very happy with this bass basically!

8. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Looks awesome, congrats!
    Really like the back.