NAD

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by maggotspawn, Jan 8, 2018.

1. maggotspawn

maggotspawn SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

Peavey JSX 212. Got this as a grab and go. It weighs a ton, but is still less weight to drag around then my halfstacks. I traded an RG7321 and some cash for it. Same as the JSX head, except it has a half power switch and spring reverb. Needs a new reverb pot. It's going to live in the trunk of my car.

cwhitey2 and lewis like this.
  2. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

the picture is not working bud.

try the website "Postimage". That works flawlessly everytime on here.

either way, nice score dude!.

3. maggotspawn

Thanks! Didn't have a chance to play it until just now. Sounds killer, but it isn't as loud as my JSX head. I ordered some Ruby 6L6's, hopefully that cures the volume issue. It's still loud, just not loud as the head. The reverb works and actually sounds pretty good. Haven't tried the half power switch yet, maybe later.

4. maggotspawn

Well @#$&. Went to check the bias, and I'm not getting a reading for the outer power tubes. Probably blown SGR's. Off it goes to my tech.

5. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Shame about that, hopefully an easy fix.

One of my friends back in college had a JSX head, it was an interesting amp, and I think my first experience with a tube amp that could do metal.

I don’t remember much from it, but I could never decide if I liked the crunch channel or ultra channel more, they could both get heavy but sometimes it felt like the crunch channel was too ‘vintage’ sounding and the ultra channel was too ‘modern’ sounding. I always wished I could blend them or something. This was a long time ago though and in all likelihood I didn’t know what the hell I was doing.