NAD: Ormsby Goliath 6 String - Review and Stuff

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by diagrammatiks, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

You could pay via Paypal and use their Paypal Credit thing to get 6 months to pay it off if they accept that or buy via Reverb if they'll list it there and use their financing options.

It's a bummer that one has those issues, I was looking forward to picking up a used Red/Gold 6 eventually.

2. yellowv

yellowv Turd Ferguson Contributor

You can’t use PayPal credit on Reverb.

3. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Weird I used it just a few months ago on a purchase, didn't know they changed it.

4. yellowv

yellowv Turd Ferguson Contributor

Guess so. I actually was going to use it on my Goliath and couldn’t. Looked into it and reverb said they don’t accept it.

5. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

I think those things would bother me too. The guitar isn't cheap really. It's actually quite expensive compared to other Korean-made guitars.

And the fact remains, those manufacturers make things overseas because they're trying to cut costs. And when you cut costs, you almost always get sloppier work, mistakes, "good enough" QC. QC and fixing issues is really time consuming and expensive, and will destroy their profit margins, so of course some contractor in Asia is going to wave things through that the original manufacturer wouldn't.

Also, not trying to shit on you here, but why do you need multi-scale for Drop C? Let alone such a large scale difference.

6. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

because you can?

allows you to use thinner string gauges and still have better tension on the low strings, which by default results in a better tone.

I have my 7 string in standard B. Love the tension. And I dont feel anything wrong on the E string. If not my upcoming hype would be a 6 string to be kept at E standard. Lots of folks do that. I could have my 25.5" with 10's, or have my multiscale with 9's and better tension on the low strings

At the end of the day it might seem like a overkill, but everyone taste is different

JimF likes this.