Mishas Sig?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Thorerges, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

I don't know about cheaper easy to break neck woods being a thing, truss rods potentially. But the neck on these guitars is visible so I think they're using quartersawn rock maple on both. I may be wrong here, but can you really judge and separate maple supply accurately based on their density and how do you measure how "stable" one is?

The neck wood bit of that is a conspiracy I don't agree on, but I'm sure there are corners cut elsewhere like potentially the truss rod and other parts.

The neck on the 2 pro's I played reminded me of the USA models I had before for what it's worth.

Ibanez also has dozens of neck profiles at this point, which probably don't differ too much other than in name.

2. GXPO

GXPO SS.org Regular

I loved it in every way, it was a great guitar. I traded it for a Mayones Regius because I had to try the Hannes bridge for an extended period but in terms of playability they felt very much in the same league, but my hands miss the Jackson. I'll be getting the satin tiger eye at some point and possibly jamming a hipshot trem in to have what may as well be my perfect guitar.

I don't really get the big trolly circle jerk on these things.. When these were released in UK sub £2500 I was impressed.

3. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Just have fun with the hand that feeds?

4. TheFireSky5150

TheFireSky5150 SS.org Regular

5. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

Hahahaha man I love being the polar opposite, where I get hit up for people wanting to buy MY guitars that I hang onto and never post. So far only did that with a Holcomb USA (needed money in a bad way, total ragerts), and a Daemoness... but just to fund another Daemoness. And I still wish I hadn't let that one go.

FWIW: finally jammed on a Pro series 6 at a Sam Ash. The guitar and I did not get along. It was friendly, but sadly not even close to flirtatious. She just didn't have the type of neck I like to caress. Fretboard was joyfully flat to shred, which I did love. But yeah as other's have stated it needed fretwork. Pups and bridge were fine as is. But the width and feel of the neck wasn't my thing. I'd really love to try the USA models though, especially a 7. For the money, she's not a bad deal. I guess I like them high maintenance. Good job Misha and Jackson.

6. dirtool

dirtool SS.org Regular

Tried one ht7 pro unplugged at my local store,the most comfortable 7 string neck I've ever played. The narrow neck really makes the chord work easier for my small hands, 44.45mm, just like playing a 6 string, appreciate the body curve, too.
    It feels so good, I even forgive no volute and scarf joint that I used to hate about jacksons.
    The only one thing that stopped me from getting one is it has the smallest pickup tabs ever, those tiny triangles lol, afraid of extra routing to change pickups.

7. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Glad to hear you like it. Personally it's the big shoulders on the neck that get me every time. I just can't play big chords with that neck, I have big hands too...

gienek likes this.
  8. dirtool

dirtool SS.org Regular

Really? I compared RGD, ebmm and other jackson at the store, the ht7 pro is not the thinnest but also not the biggest shoulders neither, it just feel good in my hands.
    Maybe have to consider the quality inconsistency

9. dirtool

dirtool SS.org Regular

Really? I compared RGD, ebmm and other jackson at the store, the ht7 pro is not the thinnest but also not the biggest shoulders neither, it just feel good in my hands.
    Maybe have to consider the quality inconsistency

10. dirtool

dirtool SS.org Regular

Any ht7 pro owners?how do you change your pickups?

11. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Pretty easy - either get the triangle tabbed version of the pickup you want or if it doesn't come with triangle tabs, use a dremel to make the tabs fit. If you're confident and you've done it before you can do a baseplate swap with the stockers.

12. dirtool

dirtool SS.org Regular

Does SD offer this option? In the SD site, they shown their active models with triangle tabs but passive models with square tabs. Little bit confusing.
    Or maybe stick with Dimarzio? Seems all Dimarzio are come with triangle tabs.

13. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Super Duper Moduraturr

Tin snips or fret-nippers will cut the square tabs into triangles in a cinch. If more guitar owners were involved in basic maintenance, they would approach the instrument as if it was the tool that it is; and have no need to hang their ambitions on scoring points in tonewood threads.

14. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Can't smash the like button enough there. Mouse is broken, sending you the bill <3

15. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Super Duper Moduraturr

Kiss me, you fool.

Vyn likes this.
  16. Massive Sound Productions

Massive Sound Productions SS.org Regular

Happy New Guitar Day:

Just received my Jackson Misha Mansoor Bulb HT6 Silver Burst Sparkle. Found one at my prefered online store for a really good price and couldnt let the chance go for another Jackson guitar. Will give you a first impression a bit later, let's instead start with some nice pictures ;)
    IMG_2855.jpg IMG_2846.jpg IMG_2849.jpg IMG_2854.jpg IMG_2851.jpg

goobaba, Nlelith, ImNotAhab and 3 others like this.
  17. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

That sparkle is so underrated, I love that one! HNGD!

18. Massive Sound Productions

The sparkle is by far my favorite of the basswood versions. I wanted a 6-string for a good price and the quilted were all sold out so I decided to go for a bit unusual and dont regret

Albake21 likes this.
  19. Massive Sound Productions

Finally a few honest words about my first impression of the sparkle princess. I played and still own a lot of extremely high quality guitars and gear and a new guitar always will be compared to the rest of my babies, if it doesn’t stand the comparison and/or add something unique to my existing equipment it won’t stay. Let’s start with the pro and cons…

Pro:
    • Solid build quality which isn’t on par with e.g. my Jackson Broderick, PRS, Music Man guitars I own, but nothing big to complain. Some more care on the ends of the frets would have been great
    • The inlay work is really outstanding! Even if I’m not the biggest Periphery fan of the world but I love precise work like this

• lightweight

• Although the sparkle finish might look a bit 80s it is an absolute eyecatcher and doesn’t look cheap at all

• Cut through, airy sound

• Great hardware and pickups, but that is something I’m expecting at this price point

• Big fan of stainless steel frets
    Con:
    • Build quality could be a tiny bit better on some points (see above)
    • A little bit more fundament in the sound would be great (cuts through well but sounds a bit thin)

• Case isn’t sturdy enough for a lot of daily touring / playing live a lot. It’s nice that it looks unique but I would have much preferred to have a well fitted standard-SKB-case like the other Jackson have

• I personally feel that the original price point was too high for the whole package. As I said before I got it for a fair amount of money but wouldn’t have paid more than 2000 EUR on this guitar. It plays, sounds and looks like a guitar in this price range

• The neck gets really, really thin at the end, not sure what happens if this thing will fall over by mistake
    As already said I’m not a big Periphery fan although I’m very much into modern Metal music, but I think that Misha is a very cool and pleasant person, for sure a great guy to have a beer (or two ;) ), and a fantastic musician. I didn’t bought the guitar due to the reason he is playing it but I wanted another Jackson. It looks cool and I like that it has stainless steel frets and Bareknuckle pickups. I will also do a sound example video on my YouTube channel somewhen later this year, when I have a bit more time available.

Flappydoodle and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  20. gujukal

gujukal SS.org Regular

Did you buy yours from bax-shop? They have a lot of guitars for sale but they seem a bit scetchy, alot of bad reviews. Do you know what separates the normal edition from the bulb edition? Just the inlays?

21. Massive Sound Productions

Yes, it's from Bax-shop. Not the best shop service-wise but if you get a new guitar for a lot less then normal I don't care that much. And I never had problems if I really need to return something.

The only three differences:
    - inlay (personally it's worth a bit extra charge, but not hundred of EUR)
    - pickup covers
    - Bulb writing on the backcover

Which guitar are you looking into?