Mishas Sig?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Thorerges, Dec 17, 2014.

1. nicktao

nicktao SS.org Regular

Does anyone have an USA HT6 that they could measure? I used to have one, but forgot what they felt like. I'm curious about the neck dimensions at the 1st and 12th fret.
    It used to be listed but I'm not sure if that's accurate or if it's changed in the revision. The new series looks ideal in pretty much every other way. I'm still kinda bummed about the switch to flame tops, but I get it. I'm looking to pick up that daphne blue at the musiczoo.

2. xzacx

xzacx SS.org Regular

TMZ lists the neck measurements a lot of times, so I'm sure they have the tools to do it - just hit them up and get the measurements of that exact guitar, since there's always going to be some variation on necks that are finished by hand.

3. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

It makes sense that *anything* that affects the way the pickups vibrate relating to the strings has an effect on tone. It also makes sense that, since nobody ***** agrees on anything on the subject, that this effect is minimal, if even perceptible by human ears. Two different pieces of timber likely have more differences between them than another layer of oil.

4. Matt08642

Matt08642 SS.org Regular

"these big huge chords, you can just hear every note. The dynamics are unreal! big HUGE chords, yknow?"

5. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Pussy Melter

I’m concerned that my pickups aren’t vibrating enough to sound good. Any suggestions?

groverj3, Dineley and Matt08642 like this.
  6. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

If you take a string as your frame of reference you will see the pickups vibrating clear as day.

Dcm81, GXPO, groverj3 and 3 others like this.
  7. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

While the strings vibrating through the magnetic field creating by your pickups creates a change in flux, vibrating pickups creates a change in the change in flux. You could also call this the second flux derivative, if you will, or fluxceleration. For optimal tone, your fluxceleration should have a slope of 432Hz.

8. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Why stop at fluxceleration? ALW is well versed in fluxjerk.

Dcm81 and Xaios like this.
  9. BigViolin

BigViolin Rosewood Boarded Contributor

Mount them on a bed of pubes.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Andrew Lloyd Webber likes this.
  10. nicktao

nicktao SS.org Regular

I've been watching these for a while now and I don't think I'm being too picky when it's a nearly 4k guitar, but I can't seem to find a top that I can consider worth it. The only one I've liked is the last one at Eddie's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

I personally don't find any of the new HT6s or HT7s worth the money. Considering I haven't seen one person post a NGD for one or even talk about them since they released, it's safe to say I'm not alone with that opinion. People are better off grabbing a used one with an ebony fretboard for almost half the price of these new ones. Just my :2c:

katsumura78 and BlueTrident like this.
  12. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Less tone though.

teqnick, Mathemagician and Albake21 like this.
  13. nicktao

nicktao SS.org Regular

The thing that drew me most was that I already dug the HT6s I had previously, but upstate, ebony doesn't do too well, even with a humidifier.
    After picking up a JP15, I fell in love with roasted maple, it's just so incredibly stable. That plus the satin finish and colorways is what makes the refresh so appealing.

It is unfortunate that it all comes with a nearly 1k upcharge versus the previous lines.
    What's interesting is that pretty much all manufacturers have increased their prices to a point where I can't really justify a new purchase unless I absolutely love it. Even musicman has reached 3-4k for the JPs, which compared to the used market is nutty.

I'm just wondering at what point it'll stop since guitars have been on a constant increase in price for years. I remember buying my first high end guitar around 4 years ago. It was a JP12 and at that time it was around 2200, now the JPxx line is hovering around 3k.

gienek likes this.
  14. Albake21

I never buy new anymore for that exact reason. Expensive guitars are turning into what it's like to buy a new car. Once it leaves the lot/shop, the value drops like crazy. Same thing happened to the Mayones I bought. It was only a month old but was WAY cheaper than new price.

15. goobaba

goobaba SS.org Regular

Used is the way to go! I will only buy new if there is no used market for what I want.

You can find the matte black HT6's for ~1500 used.

I wonder if their pricing strategy is partly to limit the aftermarket for used ones. Less new ones being bought means that the ones out in the wild retain their resale better. CONSPIRACY!

...yeah I'm pretty sure that's how economics works haha

16. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

I actually think (and people are probably going to disagree with me on this one) but the HT6/HT7 Pro's if you can find for a good price new or used are actually a great value for money guitar. They might not have actual Hipshot hardware but the OEM Jackson stuff is solid. I've really come to love the neck profile on these lately for some reason and I'll be damned if I can work it out.

17. Agoraphobia

Agoraphobia Who? What? When? Where? Why?

The Pro models are, from what I've experienced, not too different. The only noticeable differences are variations in the woods, build quality, and the components.

18. Albake21

That's.... basically everything that makes up a guitar. Plus the fretboard radius is 20" on the USA and 16" on the Pro.

Dcm81 and TheRileyOBrien like this.
  19. Spicypickles

Spicypickles 8 string Warrior

Haha, I hope that comment was made in jest.

20. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

I think what he was getting at was the feel isn't too different from the USA's - They have the same dimensions, the only difference being the fretboard radius. Having played both Pro and USA HT6s/HT7s the feel is similar. Obviously the tone is going to be different and you can notice the difference in build quality, mostly with the tuners, bridge and fret ends but to be honest I think the best bang for buck if you want Misha's sound/guitar is a Pro model with a set of Jugs/Rags and a good set up. You'll save yourself $2k-3k in the process.

Agoraphobia likes this.