MikeNeal's Consolidated Build Thread/Works In Progress

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by MikeNeal, Jul 1, 2017.

1. KR250

KR250 SS.org Regular

Shame you had to salvage the previous builds, but new ones are looking good. BTW have you tried the eBay truss rods? They are considerably thinner than the StewMac ones so you can have a shallower route. I converted over on my last 2, I think the difference is about 3mm.

Your glue joints look perfect.

2. MikeNeal

MikeNeal SS.org Regular

thanks man. i'll check out those rods.

some updates. builds 6,7, and 8 are out being wired.

glued the fretboard to build 9 and radiused the fretboard, and mounted the body to the neck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KR250, neun Arme and NickS like this.
  3. MikeNeal

MikeNeal SS.org Regular

in the next couple of months, i'm going to be switching to cnc. not sure to what extent i'm going to use the cnc. but before i can do anything i have to teach myself fusion. I'm well versed in google sketchup - but it's like a childs toy compared to fusion.

so the first step was building an accurate model of my 6 string in sketchup (thats where all my files were).
    [​IMG]

then I imported this into fusion.
    [​IMG]

then after a whole bunch of lines, spline tool, extruding and using the form tool, i got this so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

still have to do the whole back side contours, but feeling pretty good about this so far.

le_meneghini and KR250 like this.