Mercuriall is at it again - TRIAXIS

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by steinmetzify, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Elric

Elric SS.org Regular

Agreed. I may be the world's biggest MP-1 fan but you can pick the actual unit up for under $400 all day long, there are fuzzboxes that cost that much. The GK is a bit harder to find but it is dirt cheap when you find one.

I'd much rather have something like a Bogner XTC/Uberschall/Soldano/Friedman/Satan something that is much more exotic/expensive. The 'unobtanium' factor.

2. Metafis

Metafis Pretty darn adequate

[​IMG]

Hi everyone!

We at Mercuriall Audio would love to hear your opinion and expertise! Please take part in this 1-3 minute long product survey to help shape the future of the amp sim market: https://goo.gl/forms/p5cb5AU6GAh323zF3
    Your opinion will help us make the right decisions, improve products and build plans for future!

Thank you for your time,
    Mercuriall Audio team

3. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Tough choice between Dual Rectifier and 6505, but 6505 for me :agreed: On the other hand you could make a really good Recto, because most Recto amp sims out there sound like shit.

Metafis likes this.
  4. Lukhas

Lukhas SS.org Regular

Depends if you do both the 6505 and the 6534 to get a 6L6 and a EL34 flavour. The Friedman is a sexy option but you guys already made a convincing arsenal of Marshall amps already. Probably gonna vote for the Recto even if I don't care about it at all, for the sake of variety. Actually I'd ask for a clean amp like the Roland Jazz Chorus, not too many sims of that beast out there. I'm satisfied with the high gain options from Mercuriall, and the Roland JC is a staple of 80's and some 90's clean tones.

5. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Answered your poll but it got me thinking. Like said above, you’ve done Marshall, you’ve done Mesa, and you have the U530, which is a pretty lo mid heavy amp in the vein of a 6505.

What I’d really like to see your take on is a Fryette Pittbull.

There are no convincing sims of it out there (no sims at all, really), and I don’t know one single guitar player that wouldn’t at least give the demo a shot, let alone buy sight unseen based on your rep and the rep of the amp. Hell, I own all your stuff and I’d send you the $ in a heartbeat and so would most of the other players I know.

Good cleans, good crunch, great metal tones, onboard GEQ, and you guys haven’t done a KT88 amp yet.

I know they’re hard to come by outside of the US, but it’s something to think about, seeing as how you guys would have the only sim available of it. @Metafis

6. Elric

Elric SS.org Regular

Aren't there gobs of 6505 sims out there? TSE X50 is already really solid, Revalver's is quite good, as is TH3, and Kazrog, you get the drift. The DR sims are just as plentiful although you might argue they seem to be less accurate but still virtually every package has a DR model. I voted BE100 because it is the most interesting of the three... I'd be into something completely different/unique like a Bogner XTC/Uber, Diezel, VHT, as per the above, Randall Satan or similar. Something a little more out there but still with enough appeal that you guys can bank on it.

steinmetzify likes this.
  7. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Agreed. You guys have the name and the solid rep to carry this off, fellas.

8. Reverend Chug

Reverend Chug But It's A Dry Chug

I agree 100% with Steinmetzify on the Pitbull

9. tender_insanity

tender_insanity SS.org Regular

So they're quite accurate then :D

Masoo2 and Elric like this.
  10. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Yeah, right :D Most of them just can't capture that clanky metallic rawness, along massive low end and presence they deliver. Just another flavour in the arsenal...

Rev2010 likes this.
  11. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Well, if they can get a recto to sound good, it will sell. As a business, I'd do that over a Peavey simply because Mesa amps are more expensive and seen as more desirable, as getting a cheap 5150 or evolutions is pretty easy. Not counting the EVH line is killing it for a more affordable price than mesas. (note: I live in europe, where mesas prices are stupid while Peavey offerings are very good value)

BlueTrident and Rev2010 like this.
  12. axxessdenied

axxessdenied :: 2077 ::

Savage 120

13. Metafis

Hey guys & gals!
    Thanks a lot for participating in the survey and sharing your thoughts here, much appreciated!

Very tough choices indeed. One thing I can promise - the result will be world-class :hbang:

Reverend Chug likes this.
  14. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

I submitted as well, but in the comments I suggested skipping the Dual Rec and doing the Triple Rec cause most sims/models out there are for the Dual Rec as opposed to the Triple. Yes I know they are very similar but they still have some tonal differences. I've always found my Triple tighter sounding than Dual's.

Rev.

Metafis likes this.
  15. Metafis

Thank you, sir =)
    What revisions of Duals and Triples are considered the best sounding? Anyone knows?